Dominions 4 video...huh??

Started by mikeck, July 17, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 10, 2013, 04:08:29 PM
I haven't even followed it closely, and I'm aware of:

No taxes
Thrones of ascension
Disciples for proper team play (this is a MAJOR change)

Seems like a significant update to me.

You'll see a lot more little changes and additions as you play, too.

Yskonyn

With the new gameplay option added and the huge overhaul on balance I'd say this is a pretty hefty update.
But yes, it's the same game as Dom 3 at the core, sure.
Lot of changes are not very aparent, though.

If you have the feeling that Dom 4 is 'been there done that with Dom 3' then I cannot blame you. It basically is! But if you're a fan of the gameplay and are a long term player, then Dom 4 is the definitive version of the game, I'd say.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Fetrik

Haven't bought the game yet due to not feeling like playing atm. I assume i will pick it up at a sale. But i'm gonna miss the Skavens from Dom3 and i never got to try out tomb Kings. :/

Yskonyn

Well I assume Dom 3 still works, eventhough Dom 4 has been released. Nothing is stopping you from getting your 100% complete list completed! ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Fetrik

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 15, 2013, 12:41:57 PM
Well I assume Dom 3 still works, eventhough Dom 4 has been released. Nothing is stopping you from getting your 100% complete list completed! ;)
But that game is OLD! I want something new. Yes that is a hint to all the modders now hop to it... :P

Huw the Poo

Rock Paper Shotgun have reported the release.  Adam will be posting a Wot I Think soon.

Yskonyn

Sorry for Necro-ing this thread, but the MP forum seems a little deserted at times.
How are we in our spirits regarding Dominions 4 multiplayer, gents?

Nefaro

My recently long video gaming hiatus prevented me from playing it, along with many others.  I'm gingerly wading back into a few but it's still been curtailed so I probably won't get back to it for awhile.

mikeck

I'm ready to fire this puppy up as AoW3 and FE aren't doing it for me.
Do any of you guys know where I can get a list of nations with their abilities and such along with all the spells/buffs/ items?

I thought I had a PDF for those for dom 3 but can't find it. I have the manual and can't seem to find these.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Yskonyn

Perhaps you have the older version of the manual. That one was divided into 3 documents.
Go to www.illwinter.com/dom4 to download the latest manual. It has the grimoire and spell database included.

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on April 25, 2014, 02:12:06 PM
I'm ready to fire this puppy up as AoW3 and FE aren't doing it for me.
Do any of you guys know where I can get a list of nations with their abilities and such along with all the spells/buffs/ items?

I thought I had a PDF for those for dom 3 but can't find it. I have the manual and can't seem to find these.

I believe there are a number of "Let's Play"s on the 'Tube for Dom4.  Some of which are very descriptive of the game setup & mechanics.

DennisS

Just picked this up yesterday, in the Steam sale. I have 2 and 3, and I just had to pull the trigger.

I must say, even though many of the features are VERY similar to Dominions 3, this is a pretty damned good game. I had semi-forgotten what a deep, DEEP strategy game this was.

Huw the Poo

Yeah, I join a game every now and then and I'm never, ever prepared for how much thought has to go into every single decision you make.  Just planning your magic strategy alone can be exhausting.

Fantastic game...it requires quite an investment but the rewards are huge.

DennisS

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 26, 2014, 06:15:12 PM
Yeah, I join a game every now and then and I'm never, ever prepared for how much thought has to go into every single decision you make.  Just planning your magic strategy alone can be exhausting.

Fantastic game...it requires quite an investment but the rewards are huge.

I read most much of the 395 page manual today. Cover me...I'm goin' in!