Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2020, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I asked your mom very nicely to keep that pic hidden!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

The implementation of the air system is roaring forward in leaps and bounds. Those interested in the game should try the latest beta.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MOS:96B2P

Some interesting information from Matrix about Shadow Empires new air units and the Steam release.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4913338&mpage=1&#4913338

airboy

This is still in Beta.  Is it worth $32 in current form during the Christmas Sale?

I love Advanced Tactics and played it a lot.  But I found against the AI it was too easy once I got the hang of how to play.  How does Shadow Empire compare?

Grim.Reaper

i don't believe this is still in beta, was officially released awhile ago.

Pete Dero

Quote from: airboy on November 26, 2020, 11:15:51 AM
Is it worth $32 in current form during the Christmas Sale?

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 26, 2020, 11:19:23 AM

Well, Vic has been constantly pushing beta's since this came out. It was never announced as being a beta release, it was fully functioning since release, but many features were added since.

I consider it a piece of art which every grog should own. And you will have many hours of discovery before you master the game enough to dismiss the AI.

For the full experience where your technology race is vital you will have to go multiplayer though.

FarAway Sooner

This has been a deeply engrossing game for me, but I think I've finally mastered about 25% of the interface!  To play this title well takes the love and devotion of a game like Distant Worlds: Universe, but my sense is that it's ready to play.  I ran into one or two minor configuration issues, but it has been rock-solid since.

Father Ted

I love Advanced Tactics and played it a lot.  But I found against the AI it was too easy once I got the hang of how to play.  How does Shadow Empire compare?

I would say that you get ATG plus maybe another game-and-a-half's worth of play with this.  The actual combat is ATG, but there's a lot more depth to the tech tree and logistical side of things. Plus you get a bit of RPG-lite in terms of managing the NPCs who run your empire. And there's some city-management/economics.  In fact, my only problem with the game is that it's a bit overwhelming in terms of stuff to remember to do each turn.

airboy

I appreciate the information.  I think I'm going to buy it.  Seems like Conquest of Elysium - but better and in a post-apocalypse.

FarAway Sooner

Probably ten times as complicated as CoE III or IV.  Still very fun, but MUCH more complicated.

solops

This is still in Beta.  Is it worth $32 in current form during the Christmas Sale?

Oh, yes. EASILY worth it if you like boardgame style wargames with hexes and military style combat units. And this game is SOOO much more. Imagine a the old AH boardgame Blitzkrieg with a cool randomizer, a Sci-fi twist, and making full use of a computer's record-keeping ability for supply, moral, the economy, etc. It's Advanced Tactics ++.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

fabius

Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on November 26, 2020, 12:17:30 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 26, 2020, 11:19:23 AM

I consider it a piece of art which every grog should own. And you will have many hours of discovery before you master the game enough to dismiss the AI.

This so much

Shadow Empire is the only game ever where I got so immersed in it's world that I have not stopped playing my very first game to make us updates.

airboy

I downloaded the manual.  Read the first 75 pages straight through.  Then skipped to the "how to" play the game.  He gave a lot better detail this time on how the system worked than he did for Advanced Tactics.