Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteThe Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Mobile Bay (CG 53)

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteUSS Forrestal underway while on duty in waters off Vietnam in July of 1967.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

looks a lot better when its not on fire.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

USS Forest Fire

mirth

QuoteUSS Honolulu (CL-48) in a floating dry dock on Oct 30, 1944. She suffered torpedo damage while providing gunnery support during the Philippine Invasion.

mirth

mirth

QuoteChinese naval Z-9 helicopter prepares to land aboard the People's Liberation Army (Navy) frigate CNS Huangshan (FFG-570) as the ship conducts a series of maneuvers and exchanges with the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Sterett (DDG 104)

mirth

Gallery of a Virginia class sub under construction

https://imgur.com/a/C1b8A

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on July 05, 2017, 11:38:03 AM

Very impressive firepower arrangement on the nelson and Rodney... as long as they remembered to always check six.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I'm curious to see how they'd play in General Quarters. That is a lot of firepower.

mirth

QuoteUSS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) anchored in Halifax Harbour as part of the Canada 150 anniversary celebration

besilarius

The Italian battleship, Roma, is known for being sunk by a German Fritz-X glide bomb.
Here is an interior photo spread of a really attractive ship.  Officer's quarters look more like a cruise ship than a working combat vessel.

https://argunners.com/seldom-interior-images-of-italys-wwii-battleship-roma-2/
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

GDS_Starfury

the Germans came up with the form follows function of design.
the Americans went with function at all costs.
the Italians told both of them to go fuck themselves, it's all about design.

any modern Ferrari looks better then a Vette or an Audi r8.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

QuoteRussian Borei-class ballistic missile submarine and Typhoon-class ballistic missile submarine