Combat Mission newest releases

Started by Michael Dorosh, January 02, 2021, 11:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Why does every CM thread always derail into something hateful?!  :uglystupid2:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Elvis

Quote from: Boggit on January 07, 2021, 12:28:20 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on January 04, 2021, 01:51:22 PM
Quote from: Destraex on January 04, 2021, 05:21:38 AM
I assumed it would be like shock force II ... but it's great that we get copies of the steam version for free on re-release.

Yeah. My old BFC license converted fine both to Matrix and to Steam.

I'm not sure I like running from Steam better, though.
I still use my original BFC instalment even though I have a Steam install available.

It's hard to tell how much difference it makes, because it ran fine on Steam, but I got the vague impression that it runs slightly better running direct from the original. I'm guessing that it's because without Steam there is more free RAM available?

If Elvis sees this, perhaps he can advise?

There should be no difference in performance. I'd be lyin' if I said that I have anything factual to support that. :-) Slitherine/Matrix handles all of the Steam stuff. Steam tech support questions don't even come to me/us. 

Gusington

Elvis, while you're here, I attempted to install the demo for Red Thunder from the Battlefront site yesterday but it just would not install due to errors popping up. Any advice?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2021, 10:03:53 AM
Elvis, while you're here, I attempted to install the demo for Red Thunder from the Battlefront site yesterday but it just would not install due to errors popping up. Any advice?

I am running Bitdefender as a security/anti-virus suite and it prevented proper operation of CM installers.
Without knowing any details of your situation and the errors given, I'd say check your AV suite.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 12, 2021, 10:24:42 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2021, 10:03:53 AM

I am running Bitdefender as a security/anti-virus suite and it prevented proper operation of CM installers.
Without knowing any details of your situation and the errors given, I'd say check your AV suite.

In the past I also had issues with Battlefront software using AVG internet suite.

Gusington

^I thought the same thing. The error given was specific about 'incorrect parameters.' I'll check my Panda AV.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2021, 10:29:38 AM
^I thought the same thing. The error given was specific about 'incorrect parameters.' I'll check my Panda AV.

You can safely turn off anti virus protection as long as your PC is wearing a face mask  :crazy2:.

Gusington

I have a whole body condom around my PC :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

That was it, the AV. Not sure what's in the Battlefront download to cause that, but fixed now. Thanks guys.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'd like to hear what you think about Red Thunder, Gus. There used to be this thing called, "What's Gus Playing"..... :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yeah those were the days eh? I totally forgot about that!

I fired up the Red Thunder demo just for a few minutes this afternoon to poke around, haven't actually played it at all yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I think it's got less of an, 'East Front' feel than my old friend CMBB but that one was the whole campaign and this one's just 1944. The Russian Sub-Machine Squads have incredible firepower. And there's Flame-Throwers!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

For me it hasn't aged well. But there are still quite a few who prefer CMx1 over 2.

Gusington

^Yeah that's the general feeling I get when poking around.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd