Combat Mission newest releases

Started by Michael Dorosh, January 02, 2021, 11:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Fire and Rubble reminds me of the Seelow Heights scenario of CMBB times. Hopefully a modern clone is included.

Sir Slash

That scenario was a real tough nut to crack. And a monster if I remember correctly.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on February 01, 2021, 10:17:30 AM
Fire and Rubble reminds me of the Seelow Heights scenario of CMBB times. Hopefully a modern clone is included.

ASL Veteran made it for Fire and Rubble and it's current status is "Final" (meaning it is all wrapped up...including briefing graphics). I'd be lying if I said I remember the CMBB version. It's marked as a 2 hour battle (and 15 minutes of variable time) and "Huge".

The modules battles range from gigantic epic battles (the final one of Ithikail's mini-campaign is a massive "edge of your seat gotta watch the next turn unfold" monster) to tiny battles. There's one 30 minute battle where the Soviets start off with 1 man until a few reinforcements arrive. 

I'm very excited that people will get to see this soon.

Sir Slash

TEASE! OK. Tell me M-O-R-E.... :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

IICptMillerII

Fire and Rubble will be absolutely worth it to anyone interested in the eastern front, anyone who likes CM games, and anyone who thought (like me) that CMRT was a bit light on overall content such as formations. F&R adds a ton of new equipment and formations to both sides, plus you get winter seasons to fight in. Who doesn't love some eastern front action in the snow? There really is a lot to this module, and for everyone who gets it, it will take quite a long time to make your way through all of the content. Plus, it will be great to see what the community does with it as far as new user made scenarios and campaigns go.

One (admittedly minor) benefit to pre-ordering is that you will get the game first. BFC do soft launches, which basically means the game goes live, and 12-24 hours later they make the official announcement. But if you pre-ordered, you get an email that the game is live the second it goes up. So, if you're one of those people that cannot help but comment "First!" on YouTube videos, then pre-ordering might be for you.

Sir Slash

Destraex

How will fire and rubble work for steam. Will it be on steam right away?
Have new multiplayer coop elements been added?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Destraex on February 02, 2021, 08:28:36 PM
How will fire and rubble work for steam. Will it be on steam right away?
Have new multiplayer coop elements been added?

No to both. Not sure when CMRT and F&R are expected to arrive on steam, but I do believe they will eventually.

No word on multiplayer coop. I'm still hoping that it will happen eventually. In the meantime you can try this out:

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/137609-combat-mission-co-op-screen-sharing/