Attack at Dawn: North Africa

Started by steve58, February 18, 2021, 05:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Its not theirs, but saw mention of this one over at Matrixgames.

https://www.attackatdawn.com/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

INTENSE, DYNAMIC, and ACCURATE?  Glad it's not just two of the three!

Joking aside this looks quite interesting and I like the way the graphics change based on the zoom level.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ComradeP

"Accurate" > models show long-barrelled Panzers in 1941 and early 1942.

I wonder what this will offer that other games don't, but it's clear that the designer is passionate about the project.

After a focus on other fronts by most developers, a number of games covering the fighting in North Africa have been released in recent years. I wonder if this can stand out amongst the others.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Phantom

Would be good to see a good game on the theatre as its a great subject. Developing technology over the course of the campaign, varied commanders & forces, a very fluid strategic & operational situation & a big role for supply - IMO all the ingredients for a great wargame (though I'll still play the Legend Begins board game!)