Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

This week's freebies:
  EarthLock
  Surviving the Aftermath

Next week (Nov 23-30):
  Deliver Us Mars
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Meant to post about this earlier...

That time of year for the Epic Games Hoiday sale and freebie giveaways.

Epic Games has started their Holiday/End of Year Sale plus Extra 33% Off Coupon on Orders $14.99+ (automatically applies in checkout).

2023 Holiday Sale Freebies:
Dec 13-20: Destiny 2: Legacy Collection (2023)
Dec 20:  DNF Duel
Dec 21:  Melvor Idle
Dec 22:  Art of Rally
Dec 23:  Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

2023 Holiday Sale Freebies:
Dec 13-20: Destiny 2: Legacy Collection (2023)
Dec 20:  DNF Duel
Dec 21:  Melvor Idle
Dec 22:  Art of Rally
Dec 23:  Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
Dec 24:  Ghostwire Tokyo (and Spider's Thread Soundtrack DLC)
Dec 25:  The Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition
Dec 26:  Human Resource Machine

steve58

Dec 25th freebie:  for 24 hours only!
The Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition

steve58

Dec 26th freebie:  for 24 hours only!
Human Resource Machine

solops

I am no longer able to log in to my Epic account. The login page always steers me into registering as a new account. I cannot get to a place where I can enter my password as part of a login process. And I cannot get to customer support without logging in first.

FUBAR

Later...finally got logged in. Weird.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

Quote from: solops on February 12, 2024, 01:06:14 AMI am no longer able to log in to my Epic account. The login page always steers me into registering as a new account. I cannot get to a place where I can enter my password as part of a login process. And I cannot get to customer support without logging in first.

FUBAR

That is a concern moving forward for any further glitches though. Their must be email support surely.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Quote from: Destraex on February 12, 2024, 02:52:42 AM
Quote from: solops on February 12, 2024, 01:06:14 AMI am no longer able to log in to my Epic account. The login page always steers me into registering as a new account. I cannot get to a place where I can enter my password as part of a login process. And I cannot get to customer support without logging in first.

FUBAR

That is a concern moving forward for any further glitches though. Their must be email support surely.

I could not find it. And this is not the first site I have seen that seems to intentionally make help impossible to get. Some companies' phone "help" lines have a sort of insane circular stall tactics as well.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Taurinoss

It's disappointing to encounter companies that seemingly make it intentionally difficult to receive assistance when encountering issues. I share your sentiments about the bewildering nature of some customer support systems, including those with circular stall tactics.
In times like these, finding a supportive community can be invaluable. Platforms like qtoptens.com often host discussions and provide advice on gaming-related matters. Engaging with fellow gamers who may have encountered similar challenges could offer valuable insights and solutions.
Hang in there, and don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance or just want to chat about gaming experiences.

jamus34

I'm having the problem that games on the Epic launcher are buggy as shit.

Example I got Gaurdians of the Galaxy on one of the freebies and I've had it hard lock and glitch out to where I had to Calt-D.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Deus Ex Mankind Divided free from 3/14 through 3/21.

Excellent game that has somewhat been superseded by Cyberpunk 2077, but still very much worth experiencing. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18