Main Menu

Route FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, March 15, 2024, 10:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Asleep at the Wheel doing some Texas-boogie

Me?  I'm in a rut.  BoC work.  CMO work.  Fight Club work.  Maybe, just maybe, some Rule the Waves AAR
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Wrapping up the Age of Empires IV Russian campaign, which I enjoyed very much. Next may be going back to Wrath of the Druids in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, followed by the Imjin War campaign in Civ V, the Japanese campaigns in the new Age of Empires 2 Victors and Vanquished DLC, and perhaps some Rise of the Samurai in Shogun 2.

I am in a Japanese mood and I am even picking up the original Shogun Total War collection, which I have not played in 20+ years, just to take the Mongol Invasion campaign for a spin again. One of my favorite campaigns of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Thanks for the Asleep at the Wheel.  Seen those folks in concert several times and it's always a blast.  Will be doing some playtesting on Sunday and in between some PBEM WDS games and maybe a little bit of OSG Napoleonics on the table top with some Crusader King III maybe for fun.  Of course that is just during my breaks from packing....in case the girlfriend reads this.

Gusington

^This is safe space.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Let not forget what day this is...

:evil:

Working tonight

but currently playing Distant Worlds 2 1.2.1.2- the new stellar update includes a lot of updates to the Human and Mortalen races.I have been lucky in this current game so far.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Quote from: nelmsm on March 15, 2024, 11:45:31 AMThanks for the Asleep at the Wheel.  Seen those folks in concert several times and it's always a blast.  Will be doing some playtesting on Sunday and in between some PBEM WDS games and maybe a little bit of OSG Napoleonics on the table top with some Crusader King III maybe for fun.  Of course that is just during my breaks from packing....in case the girlfriend reads this.

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2024, 12:03:01 PM^This is safe space.

nelmsm, everything is going to be ok.  At least she doesn't beat you.  Right?  Blink twice if she does.  :laugh:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

I blame DasTastic's praise for the game on YT, but I got Galactic Civilizations IV Supernova with the DLC today.   So that is what I'll be trying out this weekend.

Destraex

War Thunder to hopefully get the new German BB... their is an event running for it atm.
Company of Heroes
Age of Sigmar realms of ruin that a friend got me... I will potter around in this. It's probably better than I give it credit for. I just don't really like age of sigmar or the idea of it. I like armies and the common soldier rather than heroes with abilities. I don't like to buttons spam either.

Maybe some DCS but I doubt I will have time. I want to get the F15E a little more down pat.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 15, 2024, 03:53:14 PMI blame DasTastic's praise for the game on YT, but I got Galactic Civilizations IV Supernova with the DLC today.   So that is what I'll be trying out this weekend.

Snap

I bounced off Gal Civ 3 but am loving this one and the ability to create your own races complete with lore using the Alian GPT AI just by putting in a few relevant words (literally 2 or 3) is brilliant.

I did a bit of the tutorial but the way to play in my opinion having watched Dastactics videos to get used to the AI is to just jump in with a normal difficulty playthrough.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: W8taminute on March 15, 2024, 02:14:53 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on March 15, 2024, 11:45:31 AMThanks for the Asleep at the Wheel.  Seen those folks in concert several times and it's always a blast.  Will be doing some playtesting on Sunday and in between some PBEM WDS games and maybe a little bit of OSG Napoleonics on the table top with some Crusader King III maybe for fun.  Of course that is just during my breaks from packing....in case the girlfriend reads this.

nelmsm, everything is going to be ok.  At least she doesn't beat you.  Right?  Blink twice if she does.  :laugh:

I have it worse. My wife makes me DO STUFF

Destraex

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on March 16, 2024, 07:32:58 PM

Are you safe right now?
Do you need help?

All jokes aside. I think that's pretty normal and healthy. The nesting ability can be leveled up. But never down ;)

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Destraex on March 16, 2024, 08:09:05 PM
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on March 16, 2024, 07:32:58 PM

Are you safe right now?
Do you need help?

All jokes aside. I think that's pretty normal and healthy. The nesting ability can be leveled up. But never down ;)

Yup. By the way I always love the screenshots you post on these threads. Makes me want to pick up and play the games you're exhibiting.

Destraex

Thanks mate. I post them because a picture is worth a thousand words. I mean I find these days that referring people to videos is all well and good, but they take time to watch especially if you want to find something specific within the content of said video. But a screenshot can tell you a lot at a glance. In essense books still trump movies. But both of course have their place.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Destraex on March 17, 2024, 12:34:14 AMThanks mate. I post them because a picture is worth a thousand words. I mean I find these days that referring people to videos is all well and good, but they take time to watch especially if you want to find something specific within the content of said video. But a screenshot can tell you a lot at a glance. In essense books still trump movies. But both of course have their place.

Agreed with all.