My next model...

Started by JudgeDredd, April 15, 2017, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Great job JD. When I was building models , many many moons ago, I never thought to do weathering.  O0

JudgeDredd

No, neither did I Barth. In fact, the idea of completing a model and putting all that effort into the build and painting only to "ruin" it by covering it in dirt is not only odd, but very counter intuitive.

But once I had taken the plunge, it now seems odd to not weather your models...they just look too perfect.

Then again, "coming off the factory line" doesn't require weathering - so there's the option to leave.

Personally I now prefer the used look.
Alba gu' brath

Crossroads

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 01, 2017, 12:48:18 AM
No, neither did I Barth. In fact, the idea of completing a model and putting all that effort into the build and painting only to "ruin" it by covering it in dirt is not only odd, but very counter intuitive.

But once I had taken the plunge, it now seems odd to not weather your models...they just look too perfect.

Then again, "coming off the factory line" doesn't require weathering - so there's the option to leave.

Personally I now prefer the used look.

Great job, it looks really nice  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bob48

Nice work JD...think of all the extra dusting.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!