2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 23, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
it's not - I just wanted to watch all y'all freak out   :-"

:nerd:

:hug:

I wasn't bitching AT you. I was just bitching in general.

As much as the media loves to parade around tolerance and diversity and equality, they LOVE to point out when someone is the "first" of any racial or sexuality category (bonus points for both, dammit!). The irony pisses me off to no end.

OJsDad

Is there going to be a fantasy fb league this year.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 23, 2017, 05:58:51 PMthey LOVE to point out when someone is the "first" of any racial or sexuality category (bonus points for both, dammit!). The irony pisses me off to no end.

Yeah, screw that Jackie Robinson guy...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on August 23, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

A fantasy Facebook League?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on August 23, 2017, 07:23:36 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on August 23, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

A fantasy Facebook League?

I know who you want to draft first...

airboy

Bryant - will NCSU suck as much this year?  They have a transfer kicker!

MetalDog

NC State is the dark horse pick in the ACC to make some noise and do some damage.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on August 23, 2017, 08:54:54 PM
NC State is the dark horse pick in the ACC to make some noise and do some damage.

The rule on NC State is to set the line at 8-1/2 wins
Whatever way the national media goes, you go the other way

Last year, they should've beat Clemson (f'n kicker), and FSU (d'back dropped an INT in his hands in the end zone w/ under 40 seconds left and FSU had no timeouts)

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Are you guys doing a FF league this year? Would like to join so you guys can have someone in last place all year.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 29, 2017, 08:58:02 AM
saw this online today

Kudos to Dabo (an Alabama alum I might add).  All he has to do now is win four more National Championships to tie Nick.  Gives him some incentive not to rest on his laurels.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 29, 2017, 08:59:26 AM
Are you guys doing a FF league this year? Would like to join so you guys can have someone in last place all year.

I already have commitments for two other leagues.  Bison usually runs baseball and football, but, he has his hands full with personal stuff.  You wanna run the league?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

bayonetbrant