2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: OJsDad on December 23, 2017, 06:48:26 PM
Great finish to the Army - SDSU bowl game.

Yeah, tell me about it. I think this one and the Navy game took a few years off my life.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on December 23, 2017, 10:16:03 PM

Yeah, tell me about it. I think this one and the Navy game took a few years off my life.

did you go, or just watch on TV?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

NCSU won their bowl game.

Wake Forest won a game without defense over Texas A&M.  That was a fun game to watch if you did not want to have any pesky defense interfere with scoring.

Martok

It is bizarre thinking that the Vikings have a legitimate shot at playing in their home stadium for the Super Bowl next month.  I just can't wrap my head around it.  :o 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

You should bet on it, Martok.  Vikes-Pats and the Vikings will finally break the 0-fer they are on.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on January 01, 2018, 02:11:24 PM
It is bizarre thinking that the Vikings have a legitimate shot at playing in their home stadium for the Super Bowl next month.  I just can't wrap my head around it.  :o

It's looking good for the purple, Martok. Philly may be the only first seeded team in recent memory to go down in their first playoff game, leaving the Vikes with home field advantage. For the record, some of the first football I remember watching was the Vikes vs. Raiders. I had a bet with my dad on that game, loser did dishes. I picked the Vikes because of their cool purple uniforms!

Dang....that was a lot of dishes!

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 23, 2017, 10:22:59 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on December 23, 2017, 10:16:03 PM

did you go, or just watch on TV?

Just watched both on TV. Hard to cart a passel of small kids around to cold-weather sporting events :).

I take the older kids to the home games here though. The stadium is walking distance from the house.

OJsDad

Well, Michigan just blew the Big 10's perfect bowl record for this year. 

Auburn fell to UCF and LSU lost to Norte Dame.  SEC has not been looking good this bowl season.  Let's see if Georgia and Bama can redeem the conference. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

CptHowdy

so does UCF going 13-0 mean any changes to the playoff format or ranking system in the near future? would love to see them be awarded co national champs. not like it hasnt been done before.

Steelgrave

While I obviously was rooting for Oklahoma....what a game!!! Gotta be one of the best college football games I've ever seen. Good show, Sooners and congrats Bulldogs.

bayonetbrant

Yeah, that's twice now that OU had been on the short end of dinner fantastic bowl finishes
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Tell me about it. Always the bridesmaid.....

airboy

At least one and perhaps both teams playing for the finals will be teams that Auburn beat.  Not that it matters at all.  After all, satan's children beat UNC last season and the Tarheels are national champs.

OJsDad

Chokelahoma. The one one time I decided to back you and choked.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

The Rose Bowl was one of the best games of all time unless you're a Defensive Coordinator. The Tide's defense looked unbeatable last night but their offense continues to limp along so, the Bulldogs maybe the smart bet on the 8th. I've followed UCF all year long and was really happy they won yesterday. Congrats Knights.  O0   But I hear coach Frost is taking his entire staff with him to Nebraska so next year they'll probably be back in the cellar.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.