2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: OJsDad on January 01, 2018, 11:01:46 PM
Chokelahoma. The one one time I decided to back you and choked.

Ouch!   :hide:

bayonetbrant

great view of the Rose Bowl during the flyover

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Always love watching a fly over with the B-2.

During the parade, there were 2 F-35's with the B-2.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 06, 2018, 07:22:58 PM
Mariota just threw a TD pass to himself

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/949787075565400064

That's one of the most incredible plays I've ever seen in football....wow!

bayonetbrant

the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, Joe Montana was their QB.

someone ought to look it up, but I wonder how many players on their current roster were born then...

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 06, 2018, 08:30:32 PM
the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, Joe Montana was their QB.

That would be January 16, 1994 against my Houston Oilers. Jack Pardee was the Oiler's HC, Kevin Gilbride was OC, and some dude named Buddy Ryan was the DC. Warren Moon completed another spectacular regular season by folding in the playoffs yet again (which is why I never thought Moon deserved to be in the Hall of Fame). Houston went from 12-4 to 2-14 the next year and completed their betrayal of Houston fans by slinking off to Tennessee a couple of years later.

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Sad that I only just now found this article.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-houston-texans-1798427225

The article is pretty spot-on, and the comments are hilariously on the nose:

QuoteRaj:
The saddest part of being a Texans fan isn't that our best QB ever is Matt Schaub. It's that our second best is either the five years of David Carr or the one-year stretches of either Ryan Fitzpatrick or Brian Hoyer.

Grant:
Our best off-season move was getting rid of Brock Osweiler, the dickhead we guaranteed $37m ($21m paid by Texans) not even 12mos ago without ever having met him. We paid $21m to a QB that Cleveland wants to cut but cant (but still just might). Jesus.

Stacy:
Our greatest win in Franchise history was our very first game, when we beat the Cowboys 19-10 thanks to Quincy Carter's cocaine habit.

Andrew:
Also it only usually takes about 1-2 games before the callers on AM radio still say we should go out and sign Vince Young.

Matthew:
Because we have arguably the most talented defense in the league, borderline Top 10 talents at WR and RB and we are destined to forever be 9-7 or worse. Also, because I actually saw people walking around town last summer wearing Brock Osweiler jerseys.

...and on, and on, and on...

airboy

A group of us are playing poker while watching the BCS tonight.

MetalDog

Good to see the Tigers representing  :bd:  Now the question is, who are you pulling for?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I am predicting a SEC Conference team win. Bold I know but, I'll go there. Actually, I'll root for the Tide but feel like the Bulldogs will take it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

I don't even care enough to watch this year

OJsDad

The only reason I have the game on, is so I don't have to watch another Animal Planet/Nat Geo, etc show that my wife/daughter love to watch.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.