2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptHowdy

Quote from: mirth on January 14, 2018, 04:10:03 PM
Maybe. Still, to win at Heinz in the playoffs is no small accomplishment.

I do think time is catching up with Roethlisberger. He's taken a lot of punishment over the years.

oh yeah winning on the road especially at heinz field is something to hang your hat on but hopefully the Jags arent content. Jags defense will need to score. I dont see Bortles beating Brady.

mirth

Crazy final score. I'm guessing some people made out by taking the over.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 14, 2018, 04:26:18 PM

I do think time is catching up with Roethlisberger. He's taken a lot of punishment over the years.

oh yeah winning on the road especially at heinz field is something to hang your hat on but hopefully the Jags arent content. Jags defense will need to score. I dont see Bortles beating Brady.

Nor do I, but.....

The book on beating Brady is pressure, and the Jags delivered a ton of pressure on opposing QB's all season. And when it comes to beating the Patriots, who better to play the Devil's Advocate than Tom Coughlin, the guy most responsible for denying the Pats two more rings and the guy given the most credit for the Jag's turnaround this year? Personally, I will still put my money on the Pats but I think it's gonna be a close game either way.

bayonetbrant

Saints are playing like canned ass right now.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 14, 2018, 05:07:57 PM

Nor do I, but.....

The book on beating Brady is pressure, and the Jags delivered a ton of pressure on opposing QB's all season. And when it comes to beating the Patriots, who better to play the Devil's Advocate than Tom Coughlin, the guy most responsible for denying the Pats two more rings and the guy given the most credit for the Jag's turnaround this year? Personally, I will still put my money on the Pats but I think it's gonna be a close game either way.

Yep. The Jags are a tougher match up for the Pats than the Steelers. Should be a great game.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

I dont see Bortles beating Brady.

As long Bortles doesn't try to beat Brady by himself, they'll be competitive in the game.  Hand off to Fournette, don't turn it over, play great defense, and channel your inner 2002 Bucs, and you'll stay in the game.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

bbmike

Wow, the Saints just knew they had won. It's like they just quit playing.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Holy Cow! Way to go, Vikings! Martok's getting drunk, ha!   :peace:

mirth

Martok has had some lows and highs tonight!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 14, 2018, 08:31:48 PM
Holy Cow! Way to go, Vikings! Martok's getting drunk, ha!   :peace:

Hopefully with a couple a women  :D
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-) <:-)
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

A LOT of disappointed people around here that are Saints fans...LOL!!

Never saw the Jags beating the Steelers...wow, that must have been a game.

I did see bits early on of the Pats/Titans. Never thought in a million years I'd ever root for the Titans, but oh, look, the Titans rolled over and died. What a shocker.

Predictions: Pats will beat the crap out of the Jags, and it doesn't matter who wins with the Vikes/Eagles, because the Pats will kill them in the Super Bowl, too.  :buck2:

Hope the Vikings/Eagles game is good. That looks like it could be an old-school throw down.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.