2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Had all the grandkids over yesterday. Hard NOT to yell, "What The Fu--ing Hell Happened" after that last play by the Saints. I mean, just tackle the guy for the win. "The Miracle in Minneapolis".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

When Model decided to move the Brown from Cleveland to Baltimore, his head coach was Bill Bilichick.  His defensive coordinator was Nick Saban.  Wonder what ever happened to those guys.

MetalDog

Brady does it again!  Awesome game!  Kudos to J'ville, but, Brady ain't the GoAT for nothing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Bah! I hope the Vikings win and go on to beat the Patriots!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Ho-hum. Another trip to the Super Bowl.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

I've been a quiet Pats fan for 30+ years.  But playing fantasy football has changed my appreciation to individual performance over rooting for a team.  I still love the Bucs and the Saints, but, I really just want to watch great performances in big games.  Nothing would make me happier than for Minnesota to win the whole thing.  Doing it at home.  And handing Brady a loss on the stage he (rightly) feels like belongs to him.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

The Jags put on a great show. They certainly have no reason to hang their heads. If the Vikings advance, I'll be rooting for them. If it's the Eagles, I want to see Brady and Co. completely dismantle Philly in a humiliating loss for the worst fans in football. 35-0 at halftime versus Philly and I'll still be glued to my big screen.

But ten appearances in the Super Bowl out of 52 for the Pats....damn, that's quite a record right there.

OJsDad

When the Jags got that turnover in the fourth and couldn't do anything with it, I knew they had just blown the game. 

Steelgrave

Yeah, I think by the fourth quarter, playoff experience really started to be a factor. Especially after last year's win over the Falcons, the Pats know they are in it until the clock expires. The Jags gave them all they could handle but couldn't close. The Pats...the Pats are closers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFwFgG9NE8

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 21, 2018, 06:49:41 PM
Yeah, I think by the fourth quarter, playoff experience really started to be a factor. Especially after last year's win over the Falcons, the Pats know they are in it until the clock expires. The Jags gave them all they could handle but couldn't close. The Pats...the Pats are closers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFwFgG9NE8

Super Bowl rings are for closers only

bbmike

Wonder what Martok is doing right now.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak