17 Rattlesnakes Found Being Kept in One Home

Started by Labbug, August 28, 2018, 01:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labbug

Sir Slash

And good luck trying to measure them.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Back a couple of decades ago, my uncle (a fairly well-to-do farmer) found that someone, or something, had overnight slain a few dozen large cottonmouth / water moccasins (pit vipers related to rattlesnakes for those who don't know American poisonous snakes), and laid them out straight, one after the other, up the long straight driveway leading up to his house, like rungs on a ladder. (That happened less than half a mile from the office where I'm sitting, but his crew had removed them by the time we and our crew had gotten to work, so we couldn't go out and see them.)

It looked SERIOUSLY cultish. But we never did find out who had done it, or perhaps what had done it, or why. They weren't particularly eaten yet. I'm not sure I ever heard how they were killed. Were they slain nearby, or brought there??

Can't say I was unhappy that that many large poisonous snakes were decisively disposed of -- which is a state-level crime in Tennessee, by the way. But the creepypasta factor was unsettling.

(That said, I suppose it could have been worse. A guy in a Georgia swamp several years ago found three cottonmouths tied in french knots to a tree branch over the water, still alive, with their spines somehow disjointed so that they couldn't wriggle free. And that was in the back side of nowhere. What the hell did that? --  whatever it was, apparently from the gator tracks dragged an alligator out of the water the next day, backward by the tail, while walking across a log not far away.)  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 28, 2018, 02:00:31 PM
Back a couple of decades ago, my uncle (a fairly well-to-do farmer) found that someone, or something, had overnight slain a few dozen large cottonmouth / water moccasins (pit vipers related to rattlesnakes for those who don't know American poisonous snakes), and laid them out straight, one after the other, up the long straight driveway leading up to his house, like rungs on a ladder. (That happened less than half a mile from the office where I'm sitting, but his crew had removed them by the time we and our crew had gotten to work, so we couldn't go out and see them.)

It looked SERIOUSLY cultish. But we never did find out who had done it, or perhaps what had done it, or why. They weren't particularly eaten yet. I'm not sure I ever heard how they were killed. Were they slain nearby, or brought there??

Can't say I was unhappy that that many large poisonous snakes were decisively disposed of -- which is a state-level crime in Tennessee, by the way. But the creepypasta factor was unsettling.

(That said, I suppose it could have been worse. A guy in a Georgia swamp several years ago found three cottonmouths tied in french knots to a tree branch over the water, still alive, with their spines somehow disjointed so that they couldn't wriggle free. And that was in the back side of nowhere. What the hell did that? --  whatever it was, apparently from the gator tracks dragged an alligator out of the water the next day, backward by the tail, while walking across a log not far away.)  :o
Bigfoot Lives!

JasonPratt

Heh. There were some unnerving rock-throwing incidents with the Georgia river-fisher.

Nothing like that here. Not at that time anyway (late 80s, early 90s), and very little before or since.

Then again, maybe it was Dogman visiting down from Land Between the Lakes!  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!