Main Menu

Darkest Hour

Started by Trooperc7, October 16, 2020, 08:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooperc7

I dont know if anyone in here still plays this old game, but it is still being updated as a labor of love. It received a 1 Gig update yesterday adding more maps, vehicles,weapons uniforms! Still one of my favorite  ww2 FPS of all time!

Gusington

Is there any single player content?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Trooperc7

Father Ted

I absolutely loved that game.  Very occasionally I revisit it, but I miss the simpler squad mechanics it used to have.  I find the newer breed of MP shooters (Squad, HLL, Post Scriptum) too much like hard work when they force you into voice comms and I think dear old DH has gone the same way.

solops

Umm...my Darkest Hour is a Hearts of Iron 2 Spin-off. What game are you guys talking about?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

al_infierno

This is the Western Front equivalent of Red Orchestra, right?  I'm surprised they're still updating it.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Trooperc7

Yes it is... It is a free mod mod if you own Red Orchestra!