2016 - 2017 Basketball Thread

Started by airboy, November 16, 2016, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

K-state played a hell of a game in Kansas but couldn't pull it off.  The final basket should not have counted as the Kansas player clearly took three steps and travelled.  Blown call but state had a chance at the end and couldn't score.

airboy

Auburn's Women have been playing very well.  They beat Tennessee at home yesterday by 18.  They are 4-1 in Conference play with the only loss against #4 South Carolina.  They play Kentucky Sunday which is a key game in the conference.

I've been disappointed by Auburn's Men this season.  I had hopes, but they have not played good defense.  They also lost their #2 scorer and rebounder for several games on a foot injury.

airboy

Congratulations to NC-State for beating Dook!!!!!

bayonetbrant

And all anyone wants to talk about is the Grayson Allen dustup
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

K-State finally closed out a close game against a top ranked team by beating West Virginia.  They may yet be ranked by the time March Madness rolls around.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 24, 2017, 02:20:15 PM
And all anyone wants to talk about is the Grayson Allen dustup

ESPN has a hilarious video of Grayson about this.

Also, you know why Rat-Boy needed back surgery?
Grayson tripped him!!   :2funny:

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

no I didn't.  wow :(

he's probably most famous for his "I'm amphibious" quote more than anything, but he could really ball.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Auburn's Men BB team beat Alabama on the road.  Since the Iron Bowl trophy was being presented, it was a large partisan crowd.

bayonetbrant

State's season is pretty much foooked.

Beat Duke at Cameron for the first time in a generation.  Lose to BC, Miami (twice!), Wake Forest, and GT.

They'll be lucky to make the NIT this year.

Bison

KState downed Baylor and now have Kansas at home for the next one.   Still possible to make the dance with a couple more quality wins.

Bison

bayonetbrant

airboy

bayonetbrant

I know our coach is about to get shit-canned, but did Auburn forget to pack the defense against Florida?!

(Having said that, NC St is going to give up 357854235788 points to UNC tonight)