UBOOT: the board game

Started by Nefaro, December 24, 2017, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 23, 2018, 03:04:36 AM
Gah!  I'm on holiday for 2 more weeks.  Want to back it but don't wanna enter any sensitive data over dodgy hotel wifi.

Go buy a Visa Gift Card at the store and enter that instead. Just make sure you don't accidentally spend it on something else before pledge day.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

-update -
20 mm AA gun play is funded  O0

only about 450 backers more and all possible goals are unlocked :dreamer:  ...and still 22 days to go   :clap: :notworthy:

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

Made it!
  God damn but this looks awesome.  Can't wait to give it a go.  I think navigator will suit me well.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Even though the KS campaign never reached the final stretch goal which would have added Enigma encoding and decoding, the developers are going to release it anyway.   That's pretty cool. 

Barthheart

Yeah, looking forward to getting this... for xmas...  :P
Also blew my game budget for the next few months.....

Barthheart

Cyrano

It will be live and AVAILABLE at Essen.  Boo.

Tom Vasel listed it as one of his "Top Ten Most Anticipated Games " at Essen only indicating he hoped it did have all that wargame-y "chart flipping".

"Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm a filthy chart-flipper."

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MikeGER

Quote from: Cyrano on October 17, 2018, 07:39:42 PM
It will be live and AVAILABLE at Essen.  Boo.

i will surly take a look at it next week ;) Hall2 booth B106

i doubt that it will be available
i have read somewhere that with respect to the kickstarter-guys, they may have a few copies to hand over to game journalists, previewers, n'such  ...but no public sale.

Cyrano

I no longer understand game distribution in the modern era...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

ConflictZ

I backed this monstrosity but then had to get a refund from the publisher.  The real world intervened once again and consumed my gaming dollars >:(

Staggerwing

Quote from: ConflictZ on October 18, 2018, 01:29:18 PM
I backed this monstrosity but then had to get a refund from the publisher.  The real world intervened once again and consumed my gaming dollars >:(

That's pretty much what happened to me, though I dropped out just hours before it closed. Now that finances are back on track I wish that I could lend Past Me a few bucks to have stayed in.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

U-Boot on display at the Spiel 2018 in Essen :)

it made good progress since last year as you can see in the pictures

I can confirm it was not on public sale, as announced
it will be released in December

i asked especially about playability solitaire or with less then 3 grogs around:
and got the answer they are aware of that problem and the App had made much progress.
it has in the meantime got difficulty levels, and it has pausable realtime (and realtime means realtime, 1sec at the table = 1sec on the Atlantic)
so solitaire you may start the time compression only when all your tasks are done, figurines set, etc  and you are up to it.

and i also asked about saving a session and picking it up later: 
it is possible to save a game and continue later, but not at every moment of choice. Surly between missions and when there are no contacts, but not in an engagement
i missed to asked the developer (who immediately recognized me after a year :) - go figure!) on further details on when no-save exactly inside an engagement.

...and now where i am writing these lines, it suddenly came to me that i also had forgotten to asked about 'shelling a freighter at night with the deck gun'  (but i guess it is in the sim)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

This looks interesting...I really need to read up on the details of how to play this!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs