Real Lightsabers

Started by LongBlade, May 08, 2012, 12:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Heck, it's only $100 for the saber attachment and $290-1000 for the laser. Pretty cheap for awesomeness, right?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 08, 2012, 12:23:38 PM
Heck, it's only $100 for the saber attachment and $290-1000 for the laser. Pretty cheap for awesomeness, right?

I'm waiting for the physics discussion.

The vid I watched warned not to use these without special eye protection and not to use on furniture of pets (or people). And yet, it only extends about three feet.

So what do we have here? A real light saber? I doubt it has the power of a Star Wars one, but could we be on the path?

Gusington

"Only" three feet. Size queen!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on May 08, 2012, 12:27:45 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 08, 2012, 12:23:38 PM

I'm waiting for the physics discussion.

The vid I watched warned not to use these without special eye protection and not to use on furniture of pets (or people). And yet, it only extends about three feet.

So what do we have here? A real light saber? I doubt it has the power of a Star Wars one, but could we be on the path?

They use some kind of glass tube to hold a gas that fluoresces when laser light is shone through it. The laser will continue out the end of the tube so don't look at the end!  :o
Still not a light sabre but considerably more dangerous (to people not using them correctly) put out so far.

son_of_montfort

^

Yeah it looks like a copy of the other and cheaper officially licensed lightsaber toys, except that the lightsaber toys don't have powerful lasers behind them. Those Wicked Lasers are industrial powered puppies and are fairly dangerous when used flippantly (i.e. they can blind people and light paper on fire).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 08, 2012, 11:40:08 PM
^

Yeah it looks like a copy of the other and cheaper officially licensed lightsaber toys, except that the lightsaber toys don't have powerful lasers behind them. Those Wicked Lasers are industrial powered puppies and are fairly dangerous when used flippantly (i.e. they can blind people and light paper on fire).

In other words, not really worth the money. Not that I had that kind of cash laying around here.