Favourite Military Quotes.

Started by Zulu1966, February 01, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

I will start with one

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - you may have missed something very important." (Royal Marine - Bagram Airfield 2002)
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Longdan

Check out my second sig..not GBS ...the other one.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Airborne Rifles

"The art of war is simple enough.  Find out where your enemy is.  Get to him as soon as you can.  Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."
Ulysses S. Grant

"There's nothing quite as exhilirating as be shot at and missed."
Winston Churchill

"Rifle companies don't vote themselves up hills."

LongBlade

Kurtz und Vives - translates to short and lively. Frederick the Great.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula"
- General George Patton Jr
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"

Flag Officer David Glasgow Farragut at the battle of Mobile Bay, 1864.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 02, 2013, 11:24:10 AM
"The art of war is simple enough.  Find out where your enemy is.  Get to him as soon as you can.  Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."
Ulysses S. Grant

This was my first choice as well.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

"Git thar fust with the most men." -N.B. Forrest on strategy
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DoctorQuest

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."

Major General Ferdinand Foch, 1911
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Atilla60

It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
- Robert E. Lee
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Zulu1966

Quote from: Atilla60 on February 03, 2013, 02:41:16 AM
It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
- Robert E. Lee

Yes one of my favourites.

Another ( though not sure its genuine ) was patton, who said when surveying a just fought battlefield with carnage  all around said to a soldier with him.

"God help me son, but I love this"
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

bob48

Nothing is so good for the morale of the troops as occasionally to see a dead general.
   - Field Marshal Slim

'Clip those corners'

Airborne Rifles

"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that may.  They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance..."
-General John Sedgwick, seconds before he was shot through the head

bob48

^LOL -yeah, I was thinking of that one as well ;)

'Clip those corners'