The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I believed you.  I was merely noting that what I previously thought was the case, apparently wasn't :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

Wasn't thinking you didn't believe me.  I was sitting in airport with nothing else to do.  :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on August 24, 2015, 04:53:40 PMWasn't thinking you didn't believe me.  I was sitting in airport with nothing else to do.  :)

I've done that a LOT in my life :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Said the Arkansas coach during today's SEC coaches teleconference: "Ohio State has one game remaining with a ranked opponent. We have eight remaining against teams ranked."
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

I was hoping to get you to spit milk out your nose reading that Brant :)

bayonetbrant

Tthe dude is correct as of today.  But will all 8 of those guys be ranked by the time they get to the end of the season?  Ditto Ohio St's unranked sked - how many of them will get ranked later if they keep winning?

Talking about "who's making the playoff" before week 7 is just silly, but we gotta fill airtime :)

OJsDad

MetalDog

If Michigan State loses to Oregon, the Big 10 will have one ranked team all year.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Why would MSU fall out of the rankings with a lose to Oregon.  Depends how badly and how they play.  And yes, they'll fall, but not our of the rankings. 

MetalDog

True.  Just pokin' the bear a bit ;)  Us SEC fans are touchy when you call in to question the veracity of how tough the West is. :)  As honest as I can be, it's going to be the all about the A's this year: Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas and A&M.  And the Hogs and the Aggies may just play, 'The Team you don't want to face,' week in and week out.  If Georgia keeps their stuff together, they should only have to fight off Mizzou.  Maybe Tennessee or Florida if they get outstanding QB play.

I did watch the OSU game Monday.  Seemed much closer before Tech's QB, Brewer, went out.  Having said that, Braxton Miller looks like he won't miss a beat and Urb has an overabundance of talent at all the skill positions.  I had to laugh at PSU losing to Temple.  That makes me  smile, although, I like James Franklin and hope he does something good in Happy Valley.  They could use it.  Michigan losing to Utah makes me laugh.  I liked Harbaugh in the NFL, I think that's where he belongs, but I HATE Michigan.  So, a loss AND Harbaugh has to eat it.  Double whammy!!

OJsDad

I'm more anti Bielema stance than anything else.  I think he would make a better Hogs mascot than coach.

I was very disappointed with PSU.  B10 needs them to step it up.  Harbaugh needs to find a QB.  Hopefully in the next couple of years he'll have them respectable again.  Also need Wisconsin and Nebraska to get their act's together.

OJsDad

Bielema should have been more worried about his game this week.

MetalDog

No kidding!  Way to go, Arkansas!  As bad as it looks on the SEC, they'll come back and make life hell for someone later this year.