The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

The Oregon - Sparty game is good.  Maybe a little higher scoring than I expected, but good game for the number #5 vs #7 in week 2.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 12, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
No kidding!  Way to go, Arkansas!  As bad as it looks on the SEC, they'll come back and make life hell for someone later this year.

probably LSU
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Through today, Ole Miss's football team is averaging more points per game than their basketball team did last season.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 12, 2015, 09:24:14 PM
Auburn got LUCKY...

The headline in the local paper was "Crisis Averted" 

SEC did not look good this week:
Arkansas got beat.
Auburn looked horrible and almost lost.
Tennessee blew a big lead at home to Oklahoma.

MetalDog

I watched the second half of the Tennessee game.  How they scored 17 up to that point was a mystery to me.  They looked terrible.  They couldn't tackle if the game depended on it.  What's that you say?  It DID?!  Well, that explains it. 

Watched some of the Auburn game.  Come to think of it, that was second half action, too.  Both teams looked even.  Although, JSU could only really move the ball vertically on slants, I'd do that all do long if I knew it would work every time.  Despite the Auburn transfers on the JSU D-line, these teams should not have been close. 

And Arkansas -smh-.  Is there any way we can send you back to the SouthWestern Conference?  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

I will say this.  The teams that won/lost close games yesterday are more likely to get something good out of it in the long run than those that blow their opponents out.  Winning 70-7 doesn't do a lot of good for the winning team, except to get some third strings playing time, but the quality of that playing time is in doubt.

bayonetbrant

You described NC State's entire September/non-conference schedule

mirth

Oh Houston Texans. You do know how to make opposing teams look good.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

They have a long ways to go to get in the same league as the Browns for making other teams look good.

mirth

Yeah, the Browns continue their long history of suckitude. They're consistent.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Broncos-Ravens 4th Quarter - Broncos make the first trip to the red zone for either team, results in a field goal. Awesome :P

Arctic Blast

Lovie Smith has his usual confused look on his face, like he's an Alzheimer's patient who doesn't know where he is. Jameis Winston looks like an entitled chump who didn't exactly put in the work and figured he'd just go out and win...and I love it.

Peyton Manning looks old. Really, really old.

Detroit pulled a typical Detroit and found a way to Detroit themselves out of a win.

I also enjoyed watching the Colts lose. Ryan Grigson is the worst GM in the NFL, but he's been protected by having Andrew Luck under center.

The Saints are a mess. I have no idea what kind of team they're trying to be, and I don't think they know either.

mirth

Manning has been awful. Denver's defense has been exceptional.