The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 03, 2015, 05:21:14 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2015, 05:16:52 PMAnd I get to watch two AFC East teams beat up on each other!

West Point's pillow fight was more dangerous...

True, but one of those turds is going to drop further back in the division from the Pats.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

And that should pretty much do it for the Miami Dolphins this season. Participation awards all around!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

That was one of the most TERRIBLE displays of professional football I have ever seen.  Even the Brits, who got roped into Wembley when they thought they were taking a Jet to Miami, knew that you should run Miller to slow the blitz and THEN throw the ball.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on October 04, 2015, 01:57:33 PM
That was one of the most TERRIBLE displays of professional football I have ever seen.  Even the Brits, who got roped into Wembley when they thought they were taking a Jet to Miami, knew that you should run Miller to slow the blitz and THEN throw the ball.

Ah, Joe Philbin. Just talented enough to game plan his way out of possible success at every turn. If weak and ineffectual is what you're looking for, then Joe's your man.

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

Listening to the Texans coach yesterday after the game, he expects to be fired before the end of the season.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

There were some real garbage games yesterday. Ugh.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2015, 05:16:52 PMAnd I get to watch two AFC East teams beat up on each other!

Hey, those weaponized pillows ended up causing serious damage!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on October 05, 2015, 11:03:03 AM

Hey, those weaponized pillows ended up causing serious damage!

I think you're referring to wrist sprain from observing the female cadets' fights, no?

bayonetbrant

You probably missed the original news story. There were 30-odd injuries at this year's pillow fight, including concussions and broken ribs
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

MetalDog

Maybe now Lamar Miller will net me more than 3 points in Fantasy Football!

mirth

MetalDog

Whadda you know about FF anyways?!  You can't be bothered to come join us and play!

MetalDog

Let this be known as the week it happened again: Number 50 for Seattle tapped a Megatron fumble out of the end zone, causing a touchback and Seahawks ball.  Seattle got a first down and ran the clock out.  Game over.  Seattle wins.  As that crazy old man on College Gameday says, "Not so fast, my friend!"

You see, by aiding the ball out of the back of the end zone, Seattle committed a penalty.  The result should have been: the ball reverts to the team who last possessed it, at the spot of the last possession, and 10 Yards added to the spot of last possession.  So, First and 10 at the Seattle 6 inch line.

Now, there's no guarantee Detroit wouldn't have pissed away their opportunity.  6 inches is STILL not in the end zone, but, all the Lions needed was 3 to tie.  The touchdown likely would have sealed the win for Detroit.  Instant replay comes back to bite the NFL in the ass.  I hope it blows up in Goodell's face.  Bring on the Yanks and the Astros!!!