The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

WOW!!!   What an ending to the Michigan State - Michigan game!!!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on October 17, 2015, 06:30:14 PM
WOW!!!   What an ending to the Michigan State - Michigan game!!!!

yep.  Kicker ruins it again.  The snap wasn't his fault.  Not falling on the ball was.

The only reason we saw it was we were waiting for the start of the LSU game, which they're (so far) kicking butt in.  Would be nice if Dumblenuts hadn't tried to field a bouncing punt on his own 12, let it clang of his helmet, and gifted UF a 1st-and-goal on the 7 about 3 minutes into the game.  LSU's d-line is starting to take over though.  UF can't block 3 with 5, and it's only getting uglier.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

no sooner than I type all that, UF has figured out how to throw 3-yard slants and is just chewing up the field with YACs.

This is getting entertainingly competitive.  Imagine how many nat'l titles LSU would've had since 2005 if they'd had a halfway-competent collection of QBs.  Eesh.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

K-State got crushed today by OU.  Man am I happy I didn't watch that game.

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on October 17, 2015, 08:52:08 PM

About the only GOOD thing that came out of Kansas today was the Royals.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

epic-level trolling from ESPN on today's Twitter feed

Con

Espn = propaganda arm of the nfl

Did they claim that they were significantly trolling or just a ignoring the laws of physics trolling

Con

Arctic Blast

Nice to see the Browns continuing to Cleveland their way out of wins.

And here's hoping the Niners keep making the Ravens look like chumps. I can't stand that franchise. I delight in their struggles the same way I'm already delighting in Toonces dealing the cold.  ;D

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on October 18, 2015, 08:07:20 AM
Quote from: Bison on October 17, 2015, 08:52:08 PM

About the only GOOD thing that came out of Kansas today was the Royals.

My wife must not have watched that K-State game because I don't recall hearing a lot of cursing and yelling in the other room that day.

And as for the Royals...those games were more lost by the Astros than won by the Royals.

bayonetbrant

tragedy in Stillwater - drunk idiot plows into crowd at homecoming parade and kills 4, including a 2-yo who died of her injustices several hours after the crash

here's some details to piss you off:  http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/adacia-chambers-oklahoma-state-car-crash-homecoming-parade-accident-injured-driver/

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 24, 2015, 07:17:07 PM
tragedy in Stillwater - drunk idiot plows into crowd at homecoming parade and kills 4, including a 2-yo who died of her injustices several hours after the crash

here's some details to piss you off:  http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/adacia-chambers-oklahoma-state-car-crash-homecoming-parade-accident-injured-driver/

One of my daughters in law is an OSU grad and this occured maybe 40 minutes from my house. As you might guess, it's all over the news here. The tox results are going to tell the story. And if they come back positive, I don't want to hear the typical defense lines about "how she can still contribute to society, this was a tragic accident, etc....". If she was under the influence when she did this, I could care less if they throw away the key.

OJsDad

Add University of Miami (FL) to those now looking for a new head coach.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

I'm amazed that UNC is bowl eligible and Auburn is not.

UNC has a big test at Pittsburg on Thursday.