The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

The first CFP rankings have been released.  Let the debating begin!

I'll just say this, it's going to be a very exciting month of November for college football.

1. Clemson (8-0)
2. LSU (7-0)
3. Ohio State (8-0)
4. Alabama (7-1)
5. Notre Dame (7-1)
6. Baylor (7-0)
7. Michigan State (8-0)
8. TCU (8-0
9. Iowa (8-0)
10. Florida (7-1)
11. Stanford (7-1)
12. Utah (7-1)
13. Memphis (8-0)
14. Oklahoma State (8-0)
15. Oklahoma (7-1)
16. Florida State (7-1)
17. Michigan (6-2)
18. Ole Miss (7-2)
19. Texas A&M (6-2)
20. Mississippi State (6-2)
21. Northwestern (6-2)
22. Temple (7-1
23. UCLA (6-2)
24. Toledo (7-0)
25. Houston (8-0)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

First gut reaction is "I'm not sure about Alabama being that high but I can't make a really compelling case to put any of the next 4-5 teams ahead of them"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Saturday's LSU/Alabama game will help sort things out for you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

So, the 49ers are benching Kaepernick...for BLAINE GABBERT? Have they SEEN Blaine Gabbert 'play football' (or whatever he calls it)? Sure, Kaep has been awful, but you're actually talking about putting Blaine f'n Gabbert in to an actual football game on purpose! This is a man who has a bad habit of closing his eyes when he throws! If your quarterback is beyond Pop Warner and needs to be taught to KEEP HIS EYES OPEN, he probably sucks.

Oh, and the Cleveland Browns could have gotten Denver's first round pick in the next draft for Joe Thomas. They didn't trade him, because of course Cleveland doesn't know how to actually put a reasonable value on talent. You're being offered a first round pick for an offensive lineman north of 30 years old, but instead you keep him because you really need to keep Josh McCown safe in the pocket more than you need to be able to draft young prospects. They also weren't able to move the bloated contract of Paul Kruger because they apparently asked for the moon and stars in return.

Steelgrave

The 49'ers have undertaken the largest self-destruct mission I've seen in pro sports in some time. Self-inflicted wounds, bad luck and the team everyone wanted to play for in the 80's is the team no one wants to play for today. Arrogance loses out again.

There is a reason Cleveland is Cleveland....the Mistake by the Lake....the least original nickname in pro sports....arguably the ugliest uniforms in pro sports....a record of futility in the Super Bowl era...heck, they are so pathetic I can't even work up the hate for them I feel for the Eagles   8)

OJsDad

Anyone who thinks Cleveland is screwing up by not trading Joe Thomas knows nothing about this team.  They have a wake of destroyed 1st round QB's because they have no O line to protect them. 

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

And Houston has a habit of picking up other teams' broken QBs... :crazy2:

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2015, 02:35:09 PM
And Houston has a habit of picking up other teams' broken QBs... :crazy2:

And breaking them even more.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on November 04, 2015, 02:32:45 PM
Anyone who thinks Cleveland is screwing up by not trading Joe Thomas knows nothing about this team.  They have a wake of destroyed 1st round QB's because they have no O line to protect them.

So where are they going to get 4 more offensive linemen this late in the season? :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

OJsDad

Browns starting QBs since they came back in 1999, with number of starts.  Only 1 season have they had a QB start every game of the season.

2015   Josh McCown (7) / Johnny Manziel (1)
2014   Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2013   Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012   Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011   Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010   Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009   Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008   Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007   Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006   Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005   Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004   Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2003   Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2002   Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2001   Tim Couch (16)
2000   Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
1999   Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Back to College Football.

Previously undefeated Toledo lost last night.

Saturday we have
UNC - Dook
LSU - Alabama
Clemson - FSU

Important questions will be answered:
Who is really best in the SEC West?
Is Clemson really that good?
Will Satan's team be vanquished two years in a row?

Bison

I'm expecting K-State to at least score this week.  So we've got that going for us.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Nah. I'm not going to watch.  I'll be in the library reading and writing.