The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Thanks, OJsDad.  They looked like a high grade defense Saturday.  Don't know how long Minkah Fitzpatrick will be out, if at all.  That kids been really good this year.  And, as I am sure you know, it does no good to look past your hated rival.  Regardless of how good or bad they are, they ALWAYS have extra incentive to put a stop to your season.  So, once the Iron Bowl is done, if we win, I'll look to the SEC Championship showdown with Florida.

A good point I heard on the radio this morning, 'Bama is good at crushing one dimensional teams.  LSU comes to mind.  However, their bugaboo has been teams that can spread it out and have weapons at multiple positions.  It's how OSU beat the daylights out of us last year.  And speaking of the Buckeyes, they have their first serious stretch of the year, starting Saturday.  If they can get past State, they have Michigan in the Big House.  They get past THAT, and it's Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game.  Good luck to the Buckeyes!  I'd like to see 'Bama get some payback in the playoff ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on November 16, 2015, 10:17:23 AM
Vikings beat a pretty decent Raiders team in Oakland, and are now alone atop the division.  So far so good, but must continue to suppress hope/optimism for the time being.  Talk to me after we've played our "Bird Stretch" (Falcons, Seahawks, and Cardinals -- seriously, is someone in the NFL scheduling office trying to prank us?) and next week's division showdown with the Pack; if the Vikes manage to go at least 2-2 these next four weeks, then I might finally believe they're for real. 

Speaking of Green Bay:  WTF happened to the Packers??  That they've lost three in a row is remarkable enough, but at least their first two defeats were somewhat understandable (away games at Denver and Carolina).  But to lose at home to the lowly Lions??!!  :o  Oh, the ignominy... 

Also:  How the hell did the Bears manage to steal a win in St. Louis, and how did the Redskins pull off such a dominating win over the Saints?  Never would've called either of those. 

Final thought of the weekend:  F*** the Patriots.  (Sorry mirth.)

The Packers receivers are a mess. Cobb isn't a #1, and his production has plummeted as he tries to replace Jordy Nelson in that role. And neither James Jones nor Davante Adams is really a #2. Their tight ends suck. Rodgers is rushing throws and clearly has no confidence in his line. Oh, and their running game has faded as Eddie Lacy has forgotten how to be a running back.

The Rams are a weird team. Every year, they knock off some impressive opponents and also lose to some truly awful teams. It doesn't help their consistency that Nick Foles has been so bad that he's now officially benched in favor of the immortal Case Keenum.

As for the Redskins, I don't know how to explain that beyond the now fired Rob Ryan being an awful defensive co-ordinator, and the Saints possessing no pass rush. Also, Brandon Browner is only good for taking shockingly stupid penalties, and he's their best cornerback.

Martok

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 17, 2015, 12:51:53 AM
The Rams are a weird team. Every year, they knock off some impressive opponents and also lose to some truly awful teams.
In other words, the Rams are the Vikings now.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I'm ready for baseball spring training to start already.  I just don't think how much I can express my disillusion with the NFL these days.  Although I do admit, I still like to watch a college football game or two.

Steelgrave

I'm watching and waiting for the Pats to stick it up Roger's wazoo, make him do the long trip to hand over the Lombardi trophy in front of tens of thousands of screaming Patriot fans. That's worth the price of admission right there.

Bison

It'd be better if Brady was wearing uggs and Belichick a slith lord robe.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Airborne Rifles

Army Football took to the field carrying the French tri-color this past Saturday. I was at the game, and it was moving, particularly since there are some French exchange cadets here:

Of course we lost the game (though not by much), mostly because Tulane and the refs hate America (and France)  :P

OJsDad

I don't think the refs loving Army would help the Cadets win. :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

how do you figure Tulane hates France when it's in the most French-freakin'-city we've got?!   :crazy2:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 18, 2015, 09:06:51 AM
how do you figure Tulane hates France when it's in the most French-freakin'-city we've got?!   :crazy2:

My sole data point is that Tulane didn't let the French-tricolor-waving cadets triumph on Saturday. I think my reasoning is sound O:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Bison

OSU could become the casebook about how a team implodes from egotism.

Bison

Two more wins and K-State is bowl eligible.  Which brings up the question what's the worst bowl upcoming?