The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

Since we're (Army) probably going to lose today, I'll get my jabs in where I can elsewhere.

Here's the USMA Superintendant, Lieutenant General Caslen, commenting on some current events in the Navy:

Here's the story they're referencing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/12/07/admiral-reprimanded-for-drunken-naked-escapade-at-florida-hotel/

Go Army! Beat Navy!

Airborne Rifles

Much better game than I was expecting. But I'm tired of moral victories.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

quote of the year?

Mike Leach was asked in a game why they went for it on 4th down.

Quote"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State coach Mike Leach
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 16, 2015, 12:14:33 PM
quote of the year?

Mike Leach was asked in a game why they went for it on 4th down.

Quote"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State coach Mike Leach

Outstanding!!!

bayonetbrant

Martok

...And it is so very beautiful to watch.  >:D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

I do enjoy the looks of pain on Sean Payton's face beneath that stupid goddamn visor.  >:D

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

Eagles have fired Chip Kelly after 3 seasons. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 28, 2015, 08:30:54 AM

Incidentally, I figured Gus would be doing the Happy Dance after his Jets smacked down the Patsies on Sunday, not to mention they're 10-5 and on the verge of going to the playoffs.  Anyone see him boogieing around in his boxers? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: OJsDad on December 29, 2015, 09:36:55 PM
Eagles have fired Chip Kelly after 3 seasons.

Chip isn't a half bad coach...or at least, he wasn't before he clearly began gulping down his own Kool Aid and decided that his system was all, and player talent didn't mean as much. He was also undermined by Chip Kelly, horrific disaster of a general manager. Now, the Eagles are stuck with a mess of a roster filled with awful contracts and more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese.

The question now is : does he end up coaching Mariota with the Titans? If he still wants personnel control, I think he's pretty much finished in the NFL. If he's willing to back down on that (and has been humbled a bit), he could be an interesting hire for someone.

MetalDog

BY God, I PRAY he doesn't coach Tennessee!  I wasn't a big fan of Mariota coming out, thought he was a system quarterback.  But having watched him this year, I think he has the makings of a very good qb.  Chip coming in would kill that in my opinion.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

airboy

UNCs Defense got shattered by Baylor.  Aargh!!!!!