The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 09, 2016, 07:46:20 PM
The Texans played true to form

:buck2:

I can totally understand losing, but losing 30-0, and at home, and on national TV, and in a playoff game...Jesus Christ.

I don't give a damn about any of the teams remaining, so looks like I'll be ignoring the playoffs and Super Bowl once again this year.

Steelgrave

The decision to take Clowney over a QB looks worse every season  :P

Martok

Okay, I have to admit this is both funny and kind of awesome (I just wish it wasn't against the backdrop of yeterday's game)... 

Former Vikings coach Bud Grant (he's to the Vikings' fanbase what Lombardi is to the Packers' and Ditka is to the Bears') walked out onto the field prior to yesterday's game wearing only pants and a polo shirt, which is totally cool/badass (and maybe a little nuts!).  8)  In addition, however, he apparently became something of an overnight sensation. 

Sunday's NFL playoff game between the Vikings and Seahawks in Minneapolis was historically frigid, the third-coldest kickoff in league history.

Bud Grant, the Vikings' 88-year-old former coach, gave precisely zero fucks.

Grant was a guest of honor for the ceremonial pre-game coin toss at mid-field. The 88-year-old Hall of Famer (did we mention he is EIGHTY-EIGHT YEARS OLD?) took the field in a purple polo shirt, looking more ready to hit a South Florida beach than endure temperatures cold enough to make a White Walker shiver.

The memes have already started

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 11, 2016, 08:05:59 AM

it's not like the QBs that year were worth writing home about... Blake Bortles?  Maziel? 
Bridgewater is going to turn OK, but it's easy to look good when you have AP to hand off to.  Derek Carr might be OK, but given his brother's track record, were you going to roll the dice on him with the #1 pick in the draft?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

^  Yeah, I thought of that sign after the game yesterday. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I'm so fucking done with the Vikings.  I'm also just done with the NFL.  I hope LA gets three teams and they all fail spectacularly. 

airboy

Go Clemson!   Way too many rammer-jammers at home.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on January 11, 2016, 07:31:43 PM
Go Clemson!   Way too many rammer-jammers at home.

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 11, 2016, 09:57:59 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on January 11, 2016, 08:05:59 AM

it's not like the QBs that year were worth writing home about... Blake Bortles?  Maziel? 
Bridgewater is going to turn OK, but it's easy to look good when you have AP to hand off to.  Derek Carr might be OK, but given his brother's track record, were you going to roll the dice on him with the #1 pick in the draft?

Both Bortles and Carr have done more for their team in two seasons than Clowney has. It's not even close. In two seasons, Clowney has 40 tackles, 4.5 sacks, zero interceptions and one forced fumble, and that's with Watt getting double and triple teamed each play. In hindsight they should have taken Mack, but when you look at who the Oilers Texans have put behind center, it's obvious Bortles and Carr would have helped the Texans without question.

MetalDog

Bortles and Carr will be fine.  Bortles has a stud No. 1 receiver and a number 2 that more than one team could make a 1.  Carr has Amari Cooper.

Speaking of Alabama...Coker needs to take his head out of his ass.  And someone cut Ridley's Adderall intake.  He's waaaaaaaaaaaayy too hyper.  Watson is a beast.  Renfrow seems to be able to get open at will.  BUT, Clemson's shut down corner is probably not playing the second half and I like 'Bama to run Henry alot in the second half.  That'll open up the play action downfield.  Should be super close until late.  Still like 'Bama, but Watson scares the bejeezus out of me!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Rammer jammer Yellow Hammer!!  WOOHOO!!!!  ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Bison

It was over after the onside kick was successful.  Good game.

MetalDog

That won a Super Bowl a few years ago, too.  It was an awesome game though.  Watson had me sweating every time he touched the ball and number 98 on the Clemson D was just a monster.  There's nothing better in life than a hard fought win. Congrats to the Tide and good game to Clemson.