From Russia With Love GB (Su-27SM)

Started by JudgeDredd, January 16, 2016, 02:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Thanks guys

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 10, 2017, 08:18:40 PM
if you havent clear coat it yet try using microdol decal set solution.

Unfortunately I have. I put a Klear layer on then used Microset before putting the decals on followed by Microsol and then another coat of Klear. It was only really those two decals - so either I didn't put enough coverage of Microset on, or it's just because of the decals which had a "full" middle section.

Next time I'll either make sure I have plenty of Microset on or I'll cut out the middle of these kind of full decals.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

I dig it JD.

Sounds like the kit has been extra troublesome, but you're getting close now!  O0

JudgeDredd

Cheers Nef  :hug:

It's been difficult to get motivated with it. Not necessarily all the kits fault. But yes - finally it's almost done. I think it'll be finished this weekend.  :bd:
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Thanks mirth. It's ALOT better than I thought it would turn out.

I've still got some learning to do though.
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2017, 12:14:34 AM
Thanks guys

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 10, 2017, 08:18:40 PM
if you havent clear coat it yet try using microdol decal set solution.

Unfortunately I have. I put a Klear layer on then used Microset before putting the decals on followed by Microsol and then another coat of Klear. It was only really those two decals - so either I didn't put enough coverage of Microset on, or it's just because of the decals which had a "full" middle section.

Next time I'll either make sure I have plenty of Microset on or I'll cut out the middle of these kind of full decals.

if you think its worth the bother get a really sharp pin and poke a few holes around the silvering and apply more microsol.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Thanks GDS - but I'd be worried that it did more damage. I'd like to try that on a model I haven't "had on the table" for over a year.

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion though.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

It's done....IT'S DONE I TELL YOU!

Well - the deadline for this was April 30th 2016. So I'm just short of a year over schedule.

Actually - it's been a journey. A trial. A test of character. Other mere mortals would've chucked it in the bin and moved onto other, better, more enticing models. But I couldn't. I knew if I did, the next time I was challenged it would be easier to do such a thing.

Here she is. All done. I don't think, given some of the things I faced, that she's turned out too bad at all.

But thank god it's over. I can move on and finish my Leopard 1A4 and then onto some of my other exciting models.

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Nice job JD.  O0 Way to stick with it. I'd have chucked it long ago.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Thank you  O0

Wait....what? No space left?

I beg to differ...

And if needs must, more space can be found

:-"
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Nicely displayed.

Do I see a bit of Operation Chastise there on the top right bookcase? Is that one next?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know what Operation Chastise was and had to Google it. Of course I know of the famous Dambusters raid - but I did not know it's official military designation :-[ :-[

But no - it's not a model. My daughter's boyfriend bought me this (a kind of metal plaque) for Christmas.

Alba gu' brath