5th Annual NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by bayonetbrant, March 13, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Straight Chalk still holds the most remaining points.  There are five of us with Kansas winning it all.  Still got some crazy sh*t to come!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

What does the Pct column mean? Chance of winning?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on March 18, 2016, 08:04:57 PM
Percent right.

That doesn't seem right. How can the straight chalk have the most possible points remaining yet only have 14% right?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

MetalDog

Quite a few of the remaining teams are higher seeds.  Therefore, a greater probability of winning.

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on March 18, 2016, 08:35:39 PM
Quite a few of the remaining teams are higher seeds.  Therefore, a greater probability of winning.

One less number 3. WV loses. I don't think I have ever done this bad. 1/2 of my elite 8 are out before the 1st round is over.

Marty Ward

At first I thought Pct did mean Pct right but 40 cent has a 99 Pct and he has lost at least 5 out of the 32 games so that can't be it. Then I thought it meant Pct of winning but straight chalk has the most potential points remaining but has the lowest Pct by a long shot so that doesn't make sense either.

OJsDad

I went 4-4 in round 1 for the Midwest bracket. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on March 18, 2016, 08:55:19 PM
I went 4-4 in round 1 for the Midwest bracket.

I only lost 8 games so far, about normal for me in that regard. Unfortunately 4 of those I picked to make it to the round of 8 so there are a lot of future losses guaranteed.

You can get 960 points for just picking all the winners from the round of 8 on so whoever has the most of them remaining has the best shot and it's certainly not me :)

OJsDad

MSU is the only Rd of 8 team that I've lost so far.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on March 18, 2016, 09:14:29 PM
MSU is the only Rd of 8 team that I've lost so far.

I don't understand how I can have so many more potential points than you. I looked at your brackest and while you are certainly f'd in the mid west all the you have teams alive all the way in the other regions. I think the math is wrong on the site. Or I just don't get what the numbers are showing.

bayonetbrant

Yeah, I'm well and truly fooked

I had Mich St beating WVU in the Sweet 16.  Neither made it out of the first round.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

My mistake, 2 of my Rd of 8 are out.  I also had Baylor in there. 

MetalDog

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 18, 2016, 08:50:48 PM
At first I thought Pct did mean Pct right but 40 cent has a 99 Pct and he has lost at least 5 out of the 32 games so that can't be it. Then I thought it meant Pct of winning but straight chalk has the most potential points remaining but has the lowest Pct by a long shot so that doesn't make sense either.

May be where his bracket is nationally.  Makes sense for it to be that way.

OJsDad

From the FAQ.  I hope key body parts don't fall off for reading the instructions. 

QuoteQ: What do PTS, PCT, and RK mean?

A: PTS are the total amount of points that your team has accumulated since the start of the tournament. PCT is the percentage of your performance graded against all other entrants in the game. RK is your numerical rank in the entire field of entrants.