Thunderbolt Apache Leader is out

Started by JudgeDredd, July 18, 2012, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimnirsson

Although it's about the old TAL version maybe our HFC review can give some insights to those interested in buying the new TAL. Dan said to me on CSW that he wants to keep the old game for the most part and only improve on details (and the components of course) so our review is not that outdated I suppose. And we tried to make clear why this game is such a blast as a coop game  :)

http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/review-thunderbolt-apache-leader-gmt/

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on July 23, 2012, 11:30:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 23, 2012, 11:17:40 AM
It appears not MikeGer - enjoy

Neat.... did your copy have the US bucks in it??? (watched at work so no sound...)
No :-(
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Some pics of the contents

Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Thank you very much Judge ! :)    HELL ! i am tempted :)  ...must resist must resist must resist... 
...but i will put it on my wish-list for my visit of The Spiel2012 games trade fair in Essen in October...

let us all know how you liked it when you played a mission please 8)     

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 19, 2012, 02:49:01 PM
. It shouldn't be deviated from (with the small exception of implementing rules). Graphics, game style, playability should remain as the boardgame.

on a side note
on CoH
did you saw that the upcoming 1.6 patch (a first beta is already out) tries to turn CoH more into a 1:1 representation of the board game  8)
(hi-res counters and hires-scanned boardgame mapgraphics overlay for the landscape in the making) 

(i couldnt test it, i am stuck with 1.5 while in the tournament at WG)      

JudgeDredd

No probs MikeGER...I'm going on holiday in August so I plan to play it a few times up in the Lake District in between cycling and climbing...so I plan to get some of the rules under my belt before then...so I'll post a little AAR here when I do get a game going.

I had heard that was in the making and indeed just prior to release I believe Eric was wanting to release a closer port to the boardgame - I think priority was maybe to aim for a wider market than just that od the boardgame fans.

I may well be picking up Conflict of Heroes in the future if it gets to a boardgame conversion.

Eric did a great job with the game - there's no mistaking that - but at the expense of a a complete conversion of a great boardgame. I hope he's earned his money from it and I hope his addition to move it closer to the boardgame garners him more cash.

And whilst I say PC conversions of great boardgames should not be deviated from - I'm not the one relying on it keeping me in a living...so they have to make the call themselves. I'm just saying what I think is right when it comes to boardgame conversions. I'm not sure I know any that make the grade...though CoH is very close if the conversion is as complete as I believe it to be.
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

WANT!

I like the changes I've been reading about compared to previous Leader games, and I also like the idea of more of a pure ground attack game.