Mount and Blade Bannerlord

Started by Bison, June 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

IT IS TIME!

SELL THE HOUSE, SELL THE CAR, SELL THE KIDS! 

I'M PLAYING BANNERLORD!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Well March 31st is still March...  \m/

I am guessing it should be in a pretty good / highly playable state.

The price seems reasonable.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Yskonyn

It's not even a release? Still early access and at no less than 50 euro's.
Don't get me wrong; this is an instant buy for me, but the 'normal' price while calling it early access is a little odd, don't you feel?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 20, 2020, 01:26:47 AM
It's not even a release? Still early access and at no less than 50 euro's.
Don't get me wrong; this is an instant buy for me, but the 'normal' price while calling it early access is a little odd, don't you feel?

You are right of course...:) But what is a "release" anyway. I've been playing "7 Days to Die" for five years, and it still is "Alpha". But in reality, the game has been highly playable for years. Still, to your point, when I bought 7 Days to Die in 2015, I think I paid $5 and haven't spent another dime on it since.

As a side note. As I recall it, you might say Taleworlds was on the first cusp of the "early access" trend.

When we, the gaming public were raking Stardock over the coals for an incomplete release of "Fallen Enchantress", Taleworlds released Mount & Blade on a paid Beta basis. Basically "early access" before it was a thing. I bought it then, and the game was 95% complete and highly playable.   
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I pray for 95% playable on March 31!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I don't have any problem waiting for one of you nerds to buy it and try it, and then post your impressions before I jump in.   ^-^
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

March 31st? Really?

This is good news indeed.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Martok

Guess I'll be waiting for a long time, then.  :(  I refuse to fork over that much dosh for a game anymore, especially one that's still in Early Access. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 20, 2020, 12:24:25 AM
Well March 31st is still March...  \m/

Except by the time it releases on March 31st, it will be April 1st for quite a lot of people :P

Sir Slash

Damn Tpek. You just gave away my April Fool's Day for this year.  ;D  Oh well, there's always the one about Melania Trump posing nude I can use.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

UPDATE!

They moved it to March 30th for release!  :D

10% discount of reg price too, and possible additional 10% for those that own any of the M&B games too!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   :D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd