Afrika Korps by SGS

Started by Boggit, October 31, 2020, 03:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

88mmkwk

At a risk of sounding like a party-pooper, the game (as Jason Pratt noted) is still getting some notable fixes and updates to some serious problems.  To be clear, I think it is a really cool game overall, but the Steam discussion board is full of wonky behavior, including a bug (the "Nuked" bug in the Major Air Raid card that results in ALL UNITS on one side being attacked and some heavy damage done at the scale of "game over, man!" (my favorite Aliens movie line reference).  The bug has been around since release and it still being reported as not resolved:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1266640/discussions/0/2971775284257564079/

There's other scenario specific bugs and fixes happening also.  As we move forward, it might be wise to implement some sort of "game changer" bug rule that would allow for scenario replay if a known unresolved bug is encountered.  Boggit could be the final arbitrator of whether a restart is deemed appropriate when a bug event is reported.  Because the AI plays your cards when you opponent is taking his turn, simply knowing a bug exists will not preclude the AI from playing a bugged card event.

This game is certainly a cool one, but I would honestly assess that it's still more of a late beta than being in a production release ready state..... And as for the manual... ugh  #:-)
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Boggit

Are the games progressing OK or have things ground to a halt because of the bugs reported?

As ever, I'm happy to help so far as I can.

BTW, one game that hasn't hot any bugs so far as I can tell is Field of Glory - Medieval, which is a lot of fun (shameless plug! :-"). Recruitment for the competition ends on 3rd February (so I can arrange the Steam codes) and the competition starts on the 4th February. If you're interested, head over to the Colosseum and sign up.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

nelmsm

Slowly moving along.  We keep hitting snags here and there.

Tripoli

Quote from: nelmsm on February 01, 2021, 07:11:15 PM

My biggest snag is Nelmsm just captured Bengazhi..... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Boggit

Quote from: Tripoli on February 01, 2021, 09:24:08 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on February 01, 2021, 07:11:15 PM

My biggest snag is Nelmsm just captured Bengazhi..... :)
LOL!  ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat