Modern Aircraft Minis?

Started by Nefaro, November 03, 2013, 04:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Hey guys..  I've recently picked up Check Your 6! Jet Age, along with the Star & Pyramid expansion and I need some info on where to pick up some specific a/c minis.

I already grabbed most of the Raiden 1/285 minis from I-94 Enterprises but those don't cover some of the late '70s and early '80s aircraft which are also available in the game. I have everything up to the Vietnam & Yom Kippur War era, but I need about another ten years worth of developed fighter aircraft beyond that. 

Do you guys know where I can find either some 1/285 or 1/300 minis for some or all of these:

F-14
F-15
F-16
F-18
MiG-23
MiG-25
MiG-29
Su-17/22
Mirage F.1
Mi-24 Hind (not a priority)
IL-28 (not a priority)

I still need a couple of the older one, too:

F-105
F-100 (not a priority)

C-N-C seems to have a few of these, but a number of them are listed as "Out Of Stock".  I also don't need these minis to include a bunch of optional weapons with them, as I'm generally making them as clean as possible since their primary use will be gameplay, so the least amount of protruding bits is where I'm taking it.  I was also hoping for something with less assembly required and a bit lower in price than those, if possible, but will take what I can get if it's the last option.

On a side note, I've never painted aircraft minis before so this will be a (jarring) experience.  Since I'm far-sighted, I almost went cross-eyed when I was trimming the junk off the ones I currently have, even at a good distance away.  It was difficult focusing after staring at the little bastards for a few minutes.   :o  My vision will likely be tortured by this but I'm determined to get a large set of these finished up at once and hopefully not have to do too much again in one stretch.  :D

Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on November 03, 2013, 04:22:19 AM

On a side note, I've never painted aircraft minis before so this will be a (jarring) experience.  Since I'm far-sighted, I almost went cross-eyed when I was trimming the junk off the ones I currently have, even at a good distance away.  It was difficult focusing after staring at the little bastards for a few minutes.   :o  My vision will likely be tortured by this but I'm determined to get a large set of these finished up at once and hopefully not have to do too much again in one stretch.  :D

Ask your eye doctor's office what your last refraction was, specifically for close/reading, and then average out the numbers to know what strength you should use so you don't over correct. If you already have prescription glasses then it might be time to get multifocals.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

eyebiter

Nefaro

LOL!

I actually haven't needed glasses.  My eyesight has always been good and reading is no problem.  It's just that the minis are so small I sometimes have the tendency to bring them in too close to my face, which is bad since I'm so far-sighted.  I have to consciously tell myself to move them further away and then I'm fine.  Eyebiter's magnifying glass lamp would probably be the best option.  ;D

As for the minis, I would at least like to find someone that has the F-15, F-16, and MiG-23.   The place I linked has the first two, but only has a MiG-27.  I would prefer using a MiG-23 for both, instead of the -27, since the latter has that fugly flat-nose for it's ground attack radar.   They're also about seven bucks apiece so getting four MiGs and a pair of each of the others would be a bit pricier than I'd prefer, not to mention the extra assembly and weaponry that I don't need.  :-\  I'm a novice at a/c mini painting so those look a bit fancier than I want.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Nefaro on November 03, 2013, 04:22:19 AM

Do you guys know where I can find either some 1/285 or 1/300 minis for some or all of these:

F-14
F-15
F-16
F-18
MiG-23
MiG-25
MiG-29
Su-17/22
Mirage F.1
Mi-24 Hind (not a priority)
IL-28 (not a priority)

I still need a couple of the older one, too:

F-105
F-100 (not a priority)

http://www.ghqmodels.com/
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

eyebiter

Nefaro

Thanks guys!  This gives me a little more variety to choose from.

I'd be sold on the stuff from Heroics & Ros but they charge and additional 40% of the total for shipping to the US.  :o  On a sizable order, that could get pretty crazy.  :-[  Still.. probably beats paying ten bucks per mini from elsewhere.