Don't fear the FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, April 22, 2022, 02:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

It's Friday evening over here and no Friday thread !   Traditions must be kept alive.

A perfect pop song, it only needs more cowbells  ;).

For gaming : more Horizon Zero Dawn.

Gusington

^One of my favorite songs of all time. But it has been used before. Not that I'm complaining.

Total War: Three Kingdoms this weekend with Total War: Troy and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey on deck.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Good song indeed.

I'll be playing with Empire Total War, HOI4, Dark Souls, and maybe some Heroes & Generals.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Lately all my gaming time has been spent working on this game I'm writing, currently titled "A War of a Madman's Making."  I've commissioned an artist to do some nice, relatively cheap character sprites that I'm pretty happy with.  Really nails the '90s pseudo-Soviet Union vibe of my game's setting. 

I've still got a long ways to go before I'm done, but it's nice having some actual artwork for early playtesting. The current struggle has been balancing the narrative with actual gameplay mechanics. It's more of a Visual Novel in the vein of something like Suzerain than your traditional wargame, but with some basic mechanics for balancing stats like budget, Great Leader favor, etc.

The AK looks a little off, but considering it's a "not-AK" from an alternate universe I'm fine with it.   :D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

The fat guy looks like a spawn of Shoigu and Brezhnev. Very Soviet!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2022, 04:10:56 PM
The fat guy looks like a spawn of Shoigu and Brezhnev. Very Soviet!

Well said!

My friend also gave a great description of the soldier - he looks hungry but nourished by patriotic fervor and loyalty to the Great Leader!  So, less hungry than most citizens  :D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

'nourished by patriotic fervor' haha

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

As a fat guy, fat guys ain't gonna blouse their pants; too much bending and wheezing and light-headedness involved.

Gaming-wise, got Day Z loaded up for a lark.  May take a turn or two with some of my other "survival," sorta games for lulz.

Stay safe, everyone, and have a good weekend!

Gusington

^You don't look fat in your avatar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

TW3, wishing Matrix would release a non-steam beta patch for loyal direct purchase customers.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2022, 04:41:14 PM
^You don't look fat in your avatar.

Ah, the beauty of the internet!  In fact*, I was the body model they used for all those guys in 300.  You seen Gerard?  G ain't slim by any stretch.  still pissed that they've slacked on royalties over the years.

* - Ah, the beauty of lying on the internet!

p.s. My wife, Morgan Fairchild*, says I'm quite the catch!

Gusington

'g aint slim' I need a t shirt that says that  ;D

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

My avatar makes my nose look big.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Staggerwing

My avatar makes my wings look yellow
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

Mostly Master of Orion CtS with my Silicoid empire...nice huge galaxy with plenty of AIs.