Main Menu

Prime & Load: 1776

Started by Jarhead0331, March 27, 2021, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This is only $4.49 at the moment and they just released a regimental commander mode. Players can now command a regiment of AI bots and the command system looks pretty robust.

They also appear to have added an offline single-player mode and based on my preliminary investigation, it doesn't seem to totally suck. 

Check it out!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/926540/Prime__Load__1776/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Offline single player you say?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Reminds me of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare.  Not a bad thing.

bobarossa

Not a musket person (although I own one, I've never fired it) but shouldn't it be Load & Prime?

Bardolph

You tear open your cartridge and prime the pan before you load the rest of the round.

I looked for a decent vid to illustrate the '64 manual of arms but the ones I found on Youtube were all pretty bad.
Here is a link to a good translation of the original into more understandable terms. The original can be found online as well
The loading procedure start on page 11
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a334854d55b415d1d9344a8/t/5e8aa0a206e7117ae536fb9a/1586143395749/British+Manual+of+Arms%2C+2nd+Ed.+(1).pdf

Destraex

Looks interesting: Description says;
"the first game is our planned collection"

Obviously this means in our planned collection. They have cavalry and cannon in other game modes apparently.
This reminds me of holdfast so I am interested.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

Is this based on the Mount and Blade engine?  Sure looks like it.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

bobarossa

Quote from: Bardolph on March 27, 2021, 10:51:19 PM
You tear open your cartridge and prime the pan before you load the rest of the round.

I looked for a decent vid to illustrate the '64 manual of arms but the ones I found on Youtube were all pretty bad.
Here is a link to a good translation of the original into more understandable terms. The original can be found online as well
The loading procedure start on page 11
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a334854d55b415d1d9344a8/t/5e8aa0a206e7117ae536fb9a/1586143395749/British+Manual+of+Arms%2C+2nd+Ed.+(1).pdf
Sorry I was thinking of civil war loading (primer caps), my bad!

Game looks interesting although I'm not sure how much tactical flexibility a single regement has during a battle.  I think the regemental officer's main job was ordering the shots and keeping up morale.  Note I have almost no knowledge of low level tactics of the revolution other than reading a couple books on Bunker (Breed's) Hill.

Vox

I've been playing John Tiller's "Campaign 1776" for years.  Very Good tactical level WG of this period -bit old school now. SP good and Pbem thru Colonial Campaigns Club. Was sold by HP now direct  from John.

Phantom

Can you also play the good guys in this one?  ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Phantom on March 31, 2021, 11:22:37 AM

I think it has British, American, French and German armies.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: Phantom on March 31, 2021, 11:22:37 AM

You mean that the Boston tea party was the British trying to help the locals with fairer (monopoly breaking) Tea prices after all which the local merchants did not like? That is a subject I would actually need to be more well versed in actually. I do have an interest in an unbiased account on the start of the "American" war of independence.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"