Greetings from Cádiz, Spain

Started by jmkinki, September 28, 2015, 03:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkinki

Greetings friends!

I'm Jose Manuel, from Spain. I'm an old wargamer. I used to play wargames with my cousin some years ago.I enjoyed wonderfull classic wargames like Avalon Hill's Third Reich, Squad Leader or War and Peace.

After many years out of this world, I came back playing solitaire wargames. I have been a solitaire wargamer for about 10 years.

I have redesigned and translated into Spanish great solo games like Carrier, Tokyo Express or RAF.

Now I'm cooperating with some companies designing games and developing solo rules.

I have my own Spanish language forum about solitaire wargames. We have an English language subforum: http://wargamessolo.creatuforo.com/foro.html

Perhaps, you are interested in practice your Spanish language there writing about solitaire wargames!  O0

I hope I can find here a lot of partners and friends.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Hello, Jose! Welcome to Grogheads!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Wes

(Waves to Jose)

Welcome Jose, interesting material you are involved with. perhaps you can introduce us to any spanish wargames that have english translations included. I know I'm always on the look out for new games from other countries. I just suck at learning languages.

There's a lot here to take in, so enjoy yourself. :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

MetalDog

Welcome, Jose!  We are very glad to have you with us at Grogheads.  We hope you like what you find here :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Welcome indeed Jose. What an international cast we're acquiring here. Kind of like "The Longest Day" of wargaming.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wes

I like an International forum...means there is always folks on line to chat with :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, Jose!  A pleasure to see you here.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jmkinki