The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I think it is has rained every day for two weeks in my part of Alabama.  The tropical storm is expected to bring another 4-6 inches of rain.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

People trapped in Ellicott City, MD filmed the flash floods roaring around them. Cars were literally being tossed around like toys and in some spots the water had to have been 10+ feet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Well 'Alberto' was pretty much a bust. We got maybe 2 in. of rain total out of it. Not that we need anymore at this point. But the 'Talking Heads' were predicting doom and Red Sea type flooding.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 29, 2018, 09:36:17 AM
Well 'Alberto' was pretty much a bust. We got maybe 2 in. of rain total out of it. Not that we need anymore at this point. But the 'Talking Heads' were predicting doom and Red Sea type flooding.  #:-)

We have had rain from this storm for 3 days now.  Occasionally hard rain, but mostly windy showers.  The storm broke up when it hit land and there is just a ton of moisture sucked up from the Gulf of Mexico being spewed out in storm bands.  Half inch of rain yesterday, more than that today.  Probably less than that tomorrow.  For the month about 8-9 inches of rain.

Sir Slash

Our total for the last 2 weeks is probably about 10 inches too. I'm happy we didn't get the predicted 6-8 in. Of course, we're not out of it yet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

trailrunner

In DC, May 2018 was the third hottest on record.  I believe that. 

May 2018 was also the sixth wettest.  We had a solid week of rain earlier in the month.  Last night it poured at my house, and it's supposed to rain all weekend.

I think Spring came and went around midnight on April 30th.

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.