Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?

Started by Ian C, December 22, 2018, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 04, 2019, 10:30:00 AM
1950s?

The design was completed in 1940.  Some materials were ordered.  Nothing was ever built.  The Jean Bart and the Richelieu were partly complete in June 1940 and escaped to Dakar (Richelieu -- broke up Operation Menace) and Casablanca (Jean Bart traded shots with a US Battleship during Torch and came out much the worse for the wear.)  Richelieu eventually joined the allied fleets. JB was completed after the war....the last French Battleship to be completed.  I guess Gascogne was the last serious French Battleship design and JB was the last completed.  After about 1956 there were no operational French battleships in any case.

Gusington

That's really interesting stuff, thanks Meng.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I ended up getting a $50 Steam gift certificate and bought a bunch more stuff than anticipated:

* Into the Breach has turned out to be a fantastic little title.  It's a weird and novel puzzle solver game, but I've loved it so far.
* Battlemech hasn't been played yet, but is on my definite short list.
* Darkest Dungeon now darkens my Library as well!
* Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is my odyssey purchase back to video arcades in the early 80s, and I've already played a few hours with my 8-year old son.  His mastery of the XBox controls is far better than mine!   ;D