Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?

Started by Ian C, December 22, 2018, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on December 25, 2018, 03:49:02 PM
I have been considering Deity Empires.

Me too, but at that price I need to be as sure as I can be.

IronX

I got Commander: The Great War on Steam as I enjoyed it on the iPad (until it was no longer supported). Surprisingly it looks great on my ultra wide screen.

I also put DCS' Viggen in the shopping cart then took it out since I've yet to learn more than just the basics of my last purchase, the F/A-18. But I do like ground attack aircraft and a bargain...

berto

Commander: The Great War on Steam.  Nice game.  At only $10, I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.  With the PotzBlitz Mod as an essential add-on, I can foresee myself continuing to, you know, actually play CTGW.

Beyond that, I have looked over the Matrix Holiday Sale list again and again.  Nothing entices me to buy.  I don't like throwing away my money on games that, being honest with myself, I know I will never play.  I have plenty of more play worthy games purchased and installed here already that are little played, or never played.  Why add to the collection?
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

solops

"What did you get" - A First Grandchild.
:)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tuna

Quote from: solops on December 25, 2018, 11:40:32 PM
"What did you get" - A First Grandchild.
:)

Congratulations Solops, they're awesome!!! (wish ours didn't live so far away).

Hofstadter

My friend bought me ultimate general civil war. Very enjoyable. I didn't buy anything though, tight in funds and nothing sparking my interest
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Yskonyn

Congrats solops!!!

For me still haven't pulled the trigger on anything in the sale.
I might go for a Beyerdynamics DT-990 Pro headphones. From the stories I hear they must sound phenominal and would be driven well by my Soundblaster Zx with headphone amp.
But the thing is: I already have a very decent pair of Sennheiser G4me One's which sound nice already. I am not sure wether my ears would truely appreciate the difference in quality? I am not an audiophile. Years of noisy cockpits have wreaked havoc there, but I do enjoy high quality audio. Any of you nobbers have any input on this? 😊
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

airboy

Gusington

Congrats solops - and congrats to the Hof for getting gifted my favorite game of the moment!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

stolypin

Wife got me a Thrustmaster joystick. 

Unfortunately, I haven't owned (or played) a flight sim -- or any other game requiring a joystick -- since 2003.

Thinking about Flying Circus from Il-2 Sturmovik as a starter.

IronX

You can always try out Rise of Flight for free.

Trooperc7

Picked up Holdfast  Nations at war for $7.99.......pretty good Napoleonic FPS!

bbmike

Quote from: Trooperc7 on December 26, 2018, 06:27:41 PM
Picked up Holdfast  Nations at war for $7.99.......pretty good Napoleonic FPS!

If only that had a single player mode.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd