Main Menu

American FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2020, 06:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow countrymen and a happy weekend to everyone else.

Game wise, not sure where I'll end up, but probably some DCS and ARMA 3.

Enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Excellent song choice JH...!  It's a Tiller weekend for me; Campaign Waterloo

airboy

I'm playing Strategic Command WW1 - Grand Campaign as the Central Powers.  I'm also rereading rules for some tabletop games.

-budd-

I'll be spending time in 7 Days to Die, alpha 19 dropped on Monday. With my limited time with it so far, it sure runs better, while also looking better, my FPS is up. I haven't played vanilla in awhile, so i'll give it a go, at least until the conversion mods catch up to the latest alpha. A lot of changes in Alpha 19. probably something from Tiller i'm sure after my purchases, i've already spent time throwing some visual mods on the games. The squad battle maps look fine but i'm not a fan of the top infantry look so went mod hunting.

Enjoy our weekend
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

HAPPY BIRTHDAY America!  :notworthy:    Quiet day tomorrow, I hope. So I plan on drinking a few games while I play some bourbons. Maybe some ACW 2 as the South, the campaign I've been neglecting. Have a happy holiday Grogs.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Happy 4th of July...

My plan for the new month.

- Northgard: first of my new games of the month. Going to finally dive into this...(next new game of the month is postponned to next week because of Empire TW).
- Empire: Total War: going to launch my final campaign, maybe with the Cherokees...
- Endless Space 2: just got a new patch so am going to launch a new game.
- Same for Interstellar Space: Genesis.
- Port Royale 3, playing as a Pirate...just relaxing.

Have a great weekend

Gusington

Happy July 4th!

I think I will be starting Sniper Elite 4 and and some Order of Battle - probably Sandstorm and Morning Sun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Lotti Fuehrscheim

I am giving Fantasy General a second try this weekend, now that I saw the short (free) campaign.
I am also playing around with Shadow Empire.

Although I wish you Americans a nice weekend personally, American Independence Day doesn't give me a pleasant feeling, as the USA as a nation has become less than friendly to my part of the world. It looks like a bit of a mess from here.

airboy

Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on July 03, 2020, 11:50:14 AM
I am giving Fantasy General a second try this weekend, now that I saw the short (free) campaign.

Although I wish you Americans a nice weekend personally, American Independence Day doesn't give me a pleasant feeling, as the USA as a nation has become less than friendly to my part of the world. It looks like a bit of a mess from here.

Where is your part of the world?

airboy

Quote from: airboy on July 03, 2020, 08:42:35 AM
I'm playing Strategic Command WW1 - Grand Campaign as the Central Powers.  I'm also rereading rules for some tabletop games.

In January 1915 - just took Warsaw which is a major hit to the Russian Empire.

The Central Powers never invaded Belgium, let Russia and Serbia attack first, never sent Subs after Entente Commerce and never left the North Sea with Surface Ships.  So at the end of 1914 the UK withdrew from the Entente - which was a major shock to France, Russia and Serbia.

The Central Powers did everything in their power to avoid provoking the UK or the USA - but the UK declaring war in October then withdrawing in December was quite a surprise.

Dammit Carl!

Jumped on the hype train and picked up Automobilista 2 - more for the chance to race VW Bugs (old style) and those weird looking semi trucks than anything.  So, vroom!

Have a good one, folks!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on July 03, 2020, 01:42:22 PM
How do you like it?

So far, so good.  There is an okay mix of not-quite-so-common to us in the Northern Hemisphere vehicles (i.e. VW Bugs as racecars, Brazilian stock cars, etc.) and not-quite-so-common racetracks (i.e. South American, Australian, etc.) to have fun with right off the bat.  As I understand it, the graphics and physics engine - albeit tweaked - came from the engine used in Project Cars 2 which has some pretty damn nice eye candy.  Have had a "Bug Run," in a thunderstorm and it was glorious.  I can only imagine just how nice it'd be in VR.

Now, the not-so-hot side of things is that there are still things that need tweaking like visible, moving windshield wipers in some cars and the interiors aren't quite there yet for a few cars too.  Also, there aren't the usual, big-names tracks or auto manufacturers/models available at the moment.  Yeah, I know there are things slotted for DLC via the only currently available DLC for the game in the Steam Store (which sits at $99.99) and as for that, we'll see.

Using only a controller, I know I'm missing out on the force feedback aspects of the game which are supposed to be top notch. 

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: airboy on July 03, 2020, 12:22:29 PM

On the border of Frisia and Saxonia, currently occupied by Holland. Last time we were independent was the late 1400's, since then we have learned to live under various foreign rulers. Generally we like to be friends with everyone.

airboy

Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on July 03, 2020, 02:58:28 PM
Quote from: airboy on July 03, 2020, 12:22:29 PM

On the border of Frisia and Saxonia, currently occupied by Holland. Last time we were independent was the late 1400's, since then we have learned to live under various foreign rulers. Generally we like to be friends with everyone.

I've been to Amsterdam for a visit - it was very pretty but quite snowy and cold in mid-December.

I don't know of any increased difficulties between the USA and Holland aside from the trade spats all countries have from time to time.  Appreciate the Dutch help in Afghanistan - though why the West is still there is beyond me.