The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

When Bill Nye is breaking down "Deflate Gate", can the End Times not be far off?

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Jesus, I wish the news would just shut the fuck up about that. The NFL is full of liars, manipulators, and criminals...wow what a revelation! Moving on to Hockey or Premier League...where I'm sure there's NO graft or lying... ::)

Marty Ward

If all the balls from both teams are checked before the game, why were none of the Colts footballs reported to be found to be low on air? Are the Pats now going to claim nature is out to get them because none of the Colts balls leaked out 10% of their air?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

OJsDad

Did the NFL formally release information about an investigation on this, or is it all unnamed sources.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on January 26, 2015, 08:17:08 AM
Did the NFL formally release information about an investigation on this, or is it all unnamed sources.

The formal report won't be out for weeks, months maybe, if past history is any guide.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

OJsDad

Quote from: Marty Ward on January 26, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

The formal report won't be out for weeks, months maybe, if past history is any guide.

No, my question is did the NFL announce they are doing an investigation.  Have they officially released any information about any on going information, or it is it all from unnamed sources.  In other words, people that want to be buddies with the news media.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on January 26, 2015, 09:26:01 AM
Quote from: Marty Ward on January 26, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

No, my question is did the NFL announce they are doing an investigation.  Have they officially released any information about any on going information, or it is it all from unnamed sources.  In other words, people that want to be buddies with the news media.

Yes they have announced a formal investigation. I forget who is running it but it generally takes a long time for the 'formal' report to be released. It will certainly not be done before Sunday.

Marty Ward

bayonetbrant

This is going to get talked about until something else happens to interrupt the news cycle.

When some backup long snapper gets picked up for solicitation, they'll have a new story to chase around.  Until then, you're stuck with this.  And don't think the silliness will in any way slow down media day coming up
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Which is exactly why I'm avoiding ESPN (not that I watch it regularly in the first place).

My few interactions with the news are usually in the early mornings while getting ready for work. My wife puts it on and I only pay slight attention for the weather and the traffic. When crap like this gets regurgitated on local news, you KNOW it's a slow news day. I can't imagine how tiring it must be on the 24-hour news networks (including ESPN one through ocho).

I've found my love for the NFL has slowly deteriorated in the last few years. I mean, I like the Texans, but at this point I could care less if they win or lose. The NFL is too wrought with futility as it attempts to be a stand-up organization but is as greedy and corrupt as anything with any modicum of power, it seems. Not that "Deflate Gate" (that makes me want to puke just typing it) makes the NFL even worse, but in my mind, it certainly doesn't help my perception of them. Sort of like being surprised that someone arrested 29 times is arrested a 30th time. Gee, who woulda known?

Marty Ward

You mean it is as surprising as Josh Gordon failing another drug test?  ;)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Marty Ward on January 26, 2015, 10:19:38 AM

Man, this is actually becoming sad. When someone keeps fucking up their career this frequently, they pretty clearly need help.

Of course, then I remember what he did to a Porsche and it all turns to rage :

Marty Ward

Maybe in an alternate universe! :)

[JOSH GORDON]
JOSH GORDON

Well, I just hit the award trifecta by being given the "Just Say No To Drugs" trophy, the "Anti-Alcohol Advocate of the Year" certificate, and this really cool "Best Career Moves of '13-'14" plaque.

5 hours ago . Like

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-meanwhile-alternate-universe/

MetalDog

Even Johnny Manziel thinks Gordon needs to ease up!  ;)

Did anyone see the comments Paul Tagliabue said about Goodell?  I just heard a snippet on the top of the hour Sportscenter on ESPN Radio, but, it was something to the effect of, "Goodell is to blame for his laser like focus on profits and his combative attitude towards players."  Just paraphrasing, but, pretty close.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 26, 2015, 02:55:30 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on January 26, 2015, 10:19:38 AM

Man, this is actually becoming sad. When someone keeps fucking up their career this frequently, they pretty clearly need help.

Of course, then I remember what he did to a Porsche and it all turns to rage :

That's pretty heinous, but the fact that it's a 4 DOOR Porsche doesn't make it a Porsche. Neither is a Porsche SUV a Porsche.