So, this is what UEBS was intended for... fantasy zombie outbreaks!

Started by JasonPratt, March 13, 2020, 10:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

...to begin with anyway:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/992910/The_Black_Masses/

Leading 500 armored footmen against 10,000 zombies in one battle. For example.

Rough early access by all reports, but devs are jumping on bug fixes quick after even only one day. Will wait until later myself -- not always fond of zombie games, but this looks interesting for scale at least.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun!  Count me in (eventually)!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FarAway Sooner

What does UEBS stand for?

As for myself, I've always wondered how a Zombie horde would fare in the face of a .50 machine gun.  Do Zombies keep functioning like Zombies if they're cut in half?  Does the torso keep pulling itself forward but the legs stop moving?  Does this imply there's still a central nervous system locale for Zombies somewhere above the waist?

Can Zombies still walk if they're tendons and ligaments are cut?  How does that work?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Looks very cool.  Is this actually based on the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator engine?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on March 19, 2020, 02:42:31 PM
What does UEBS stand for?

As for myself, I've always wondered how a Zombie horde would fare in the face of a .50 machine gun.  Do Zombies keep functioning like Zombies if they're cut in half?  Does the torso keep pulling itself forward but the legs stop moving?  Does this imply there's still a central nervous system locale for Zombies somewhere above the waist?

Can Zombies still walk if they're tendons and ligaments are cut?  How does that work?

Depends upon what zombie canon you're going off of, but usually, zeds only stop coming for you if they're brains are compromised via bullet, blade or bashing.  Cut 'em in half?  They'll crawl after you.  Lop off the head?  Head still wants nummies.

Father Ted

If I'd bought a zombie cannon and it didn't stop them I'd be demanding a refund.  Consumers have rights even in the zompocalypse.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Lol.  ;D

I see what I did there.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on March 19, 2020, 02:48:45 PM
Looks very cool.  Is this actually based on the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator engine?

Yes, a highly upgraded and modified one. Same devs.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!