You'll Never Walk Alone on a FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, March 20, 2020, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I might pick up Panzer Corps 2. 

Or I might actually play some games I already own.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

After recently stumbling across The MAD Russian's AAR (An Uncivil War) over at the Matrix forums regarding Forge of Freedom I've been inspired into playing that this weekend.

I'm also planning on spending time with Xenonauts again.  Great game that I never really dived deeply into.  This in turn may inspire me to also continue my campaign in Phantom Doctrine which has been on hold for almost a year now.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Finally got  Tiller's Panzer Battles: North Africa 1941.  Finished the tutorial scenario earlier today (minor Allied victory) and looking to move on to another.

airboy

Quote from: airboy on March 20, 2020, 10:08:58 AM
I'm finishing up the 1939-1940 Germany Campaign by Erik (modder) for Order of Battle WW2.  Very long campaign and some of the scenarios are tough.  It has been excellent!

Finished the last scenario.  It was excellent!

-budd-

Finished up my current PBEM games, got my butt kicked in FOG2. Taking a break from PBEM for a bit. I lost interest in Skyrim.......again, in the mood for some modern war stuff. Maybe Armored Brigade, Flashpoint Campaigns, or a Tiller modern war game, leaning toward Middle East 67 or might go to Campaign Series Middle East. Started playing Xenonauts CE again, will continue getting my guys killed. Be safe everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

al_infierno

Panzer Corps 2 is most likely going to eat up the majority of my weekend.  I did just start a new full campaign of WarPlan, but the shiny graphics and miniature wargaming feel of PC2 is just far too alluring.   :smitten:

Lotsa beer n pretzels this weekend!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 03:08:12 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2020, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
Mostly the same as last week...buggy old Stellaris and Napoleon Total War...
I take it the 2.6 update didn't fix that sector display bug you've been dealing with?
Indeed, i guess i have to revert to some version back in order to have a working sector display  :-[
Sorry to hear that, man.  I'd joke that this is the perfect opportunity for you to dive into 1.9, but honestly that sucks.  :( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 03:08:12 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2020, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
Mostly the same as last week...buggy old Stellaris and Napoleon Total War...
I take it the 2.6 update didn't fix that sector display bug you've been dealing with?
Indeed, i guess i have to revert to some version back in order to have a working sector display  :-[
Sorry to hear that, man.  I'd joke that this is the perfect opportunity for you to dive into 1.9, but honestly that sucks.  :(
I am going to finish this current game (which seems to drag forever, 2322 now and nothing happening). Will do the 1.9 later on

al_infierno

Quote from: al_infierno on March 20, 2020, 05:07:11 PM
Panzer Corps 2 is most likely going to eat up the majority of my weekend.  I did just start a new full campaign of WarPlan, but the shiny graphics and miniature wargaming feel of PC2 is just far too alluring.   :smitten:

Lotsa beer n pretzels this weekend!

One thing I'll weigh in on this matter, having switched between the two this weekend -- the music in WarPlan is SO very good.   :smitten:   Panzer Corps 2, not so much.

Can't wait for more mods or expansions for WarPlan - hopefully the Steam release will spur new content!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao