Main Menu

Hell Let Loose

Started by jomni, April 24, 2018, 09:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Don't get too excited about Post Scriptum.  This (He'll Let Loose) is another game to consider.

IronX

I have it but am more excited about PS. It's got a long way to go to get where PS is.

JasonPratt

Quote from: jomni on April 24, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
This (He'll Let Loose) is another game to consider.

...more pre-loading jokes in 3...2...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IronX

Running out of digital copies is a serious issue. #preloadnow

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Here's another quotable however I cannot claim ownership:

'I don't want none unless you got buns, hon.'

- Sir Mix-a-Lot

I suppose I could lie and say I did write that but you guys would not believe me until I changed my name to Sir Mix-a-Little.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

The game's title reminds me of what happens after I eat Mexican food.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I knew somebody was going to go there, just not SirAndrewD.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 27, 2018, 10:08:50 PM
I knew somebody was going to go there, just not SirAndrewD.  :clap:

I always go there. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Jomni I thought hell let loose was much more arcade like than post scriptum which takes the "simulation" approach.
Why should I be interested in Hell Let Loose?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Father Ted

Quote from: Destraex on April 30, 2018, 05:43:47 AM
Jomni I thought hell let loose was much more arcade like than post scriptum which takes the "simulation" approach.

Well having played a bit of Squad and watched the first vid of HLL that Jomni posted I'd guess that none of the three games are "arcade".  Me, I'm more interested in HLL just because of the setting, but I'll buy PS because of what IronX said.

jomni

Quote from: Father Ted on April 30, 2018, 04:45:55 PM
Quote from: Destraex on April 30, 2018, 05:43:47 AM

Well having played a bit of Squad and watched the first vid of HLL that Jomni posted I'd guess that none of the three games are "arcade".  Me, I'm more interested in HLL just because of the setting, but I'll buy PS because of what IronX said.

Yeah.  From the vids I posted, walking around for a long time with no contact and not seeing the enemy when contact actually happens is pretty realistic enough for me.  Hehe.