Super Bowl on this Friday...

Started by steve58, January 11, 2016, 02:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

OK, not Super Bowl L (I can see why the NFL is going with "50" instead of "L", Roman #50 feels like it needs some Xs in there somewhere), but Super Bowl I.

...even though that first Super Bowl aired on two television networks, no complete video version of the game existed until the network spliced one together using grainy film collected from dozens of sources.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/11/super-bowl-to-air-after-long-lost-footage-surfaces.html?intcmp=hplnws

So if you want to get your nostalgia on and watch Vince Lombardi's Packers against the Kansas City Chiefs and if you get the NFL Network, "The Lost Game," the airing of Super Bowl I will take place on January 15 at 8 p.m. ET on NFL Network.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DoctorQuest

I never like Roman numerals anyway. Makes it a bitch to figure out when the damned movie was made. Stupid Hollywood liberal freaks.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Bison

Kind of on a political rampage lately, eh?

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Bison on January 11, 2016, 03:15:59 PM
Kind of on a political rampage lately, eh?

Bad day at work, dude. Sorry to take it out on you guys.  :knuppel2:

Obama's coming to town. Maybe I'll go protest something. I'll wear my "Free men to do not ask permission to bear arms" Thomas Jefferson T-shirt.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Bison

It's all good.  We've all been there and done that.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I don't need to see the replay. I saw the original in 1966 Black and White TV. My Daddy said the Green Bay Packers would never lose as long as there was black and white TV. I don't know why he said that, but it turned out to be true.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: DoctorQuest on January 11, 2016, 08:01:17 PM

Obama's coming to town. Maybe I'll go protest something. I'll wear my "Free men to do not ask permission to bear arms" Thomas Jefferson T-shirt.

Careful...you might make him cry!