Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on October 19, 2014, 08:27:15 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 17, 2014, 10:51:00 PM
I cannot for the life of me get my throttle to work. Its configurable in the options UI, but not matter what axis I link it to, I get nothing. WTF?

For some reason it doesn't work when you're doing a ramp start.  It is in an indent or something and there must be some key combination that takes it out of the indent to start the engine.

Once you get the engine started (I just use Lwin+Home) the throttle works.

Not sure if that's the same problem you're having, but it baffled me, too, until I just auto-started the engine.

That was not the problem, but I know what indent you're talking about. The home key takes it out of that and puts her in idle.  I figured out how to map my throttle by looking at how it was mapped in one of the other aircraft.  JD gave me that idea by asking if the problem was with all aircraft or the F86 only...so thanks JD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: magnus on October 19, 2014, 07:18:07 AM
She is downstairs making breakfast.

Moving on, I am tempted to buy the Sabre. Is it the the the early version, same controls as a WWII bird, as in making you have to fight the stick or is it the later hydraulic or whatever it was changed to?

I'm back flying the F-86 these days.  I set up a pretty easy attack on an airbase at 7AM and zoom.... I shot down an AI MiG21, or at least caused it to crash.  I didn't figure out what happened until I replayed the track.  What happened was we were sort of almost dogfighting at about 500 feet.  I lined up the 6 50.cal and fired and missed, but in the MiG's counter move, he pulled up too fast or used his airbrakes to get on my tail and stalled (and/or flew into a hill) and that was it.  I was busy not crashing myself so I missed him hitting the ground and only saw it in the track replay.

Skoop

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but leatherneck's next aircraft release will be the f-14.  Work is already in progress, should be great if it's anything like the mig21. 

Also check the Ed site for for the guardians of the Caucasus campaign in the missions / campaigns forum. A guy came up with a cool scheme to run a dynamic campaign for the mig21.  It is basically a single mission that uses a script that cut and pastes the results from mission to mission.  Red and blue losses are tracked, and can be played in mp as a coop.

If you download it meng, you might even be able to swap out the aircraft and modify it to be an f86 vs mig15 dynamic campaign.  If you break the mission you could just download it again.

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on April 01, 2015, 11:19:17 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but leatherneck's next aircraft release will be the f-14.  Work is already in progress, should be great if it's anything like the mig21. 

Also check the Ed site for for the guardians of the Caucasus campaign in the missions / campaigns forum. A guy came up with a cool scheme to run a dynamic campaign for the mig21.  It is basically a single mission that uses a script that cut and pastes the results from mission to mission.  Red and blue losses are tracked, and can be played in mp as a coop.

If you download it meng, you might even be able to swap out the aircraft and modify it to be an f86 vs mig15 dynamic campaign.  If you break the mission you could just download it again.

Oh, boy!  The F-14!  I thought there was some problem with a two-person crew?  I wonder if you will swtich back to the Radar-man?

There was a time a few months ago when I could actually fly the Mig21, but the F-86 seems to be the most advanced plane I can handle at the moment and even with it I have to set things up in the editor to survive for very long and even then things go wrong against even average AI.

Still, I really am enjoying DCS for some reason these days.  Maybe it is somewhat prettier on my somewhat higher-powered new computer.

Skoop

The only problem with 2 seaters in Dcs is that it's never been done. (Well maybe the Huey has multi crew Ai). The announcement info said that both seats will be modeled.

Pete Dero

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Just announced they're doing a Mirage 2000, which is a nice change (and no trainer).

Still gonna wait on new environment but I'd definitely put the M2000 on my want list for when that happens.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on September 18, 2015, 09:11:33 AM
Just announced they're doing a Mirage 2000, which is a nice change (and no trainer).

Still gonna wait on new environment but I'd definitely put the M2000 on my want list for when that happens.
+1

By the way Nef - your sig pic isn't showing for me
Alba gu' brath

smittyohio

Can someone explain to me how DCS World works?  I mean, if i get the base game, it comes with a few planes from different eras.   There's a built in campaign with it?  How does it work with the planes from different eras?   And then if you buy a new plane, it is the same campaign, with the new plane, and do the enemy planes and such change to match the one you are flying?

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 10:35:36 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 18, 2015, 09:11:33 AM

+1

By the way Nef - your sig pic isn't showing for me

Dunno.. my sig pic went AWOL I suppose.

jomni

Quote from: smittyohio on September 18, 2015, 10:42:01 AM
Can someone explain to me how DCS World works?  I mean, if i get the base game, it comes with a few planes from different eras.   There's a built in campaign with it?  How does it work with the planes from different eras?   And then if you buy a new plane, it is the same campaign, with the new plane, and do the enemy planes and such change to match the one you are flying?

Each aircraft has it's own campaign.  But there is no concept of era.  Old planes will battle new planes.  For example the Mig-21 will battle F-16s.  But I guess the mission builders will seek for balance.

Nefaro

DCS World does have a random mission generator. 

That was a big improvement when they added it. 

You're still flying around on the same map every time, with too-neat little rows of ground targets sitting around all over the place.  But it's better than being restricted to only canned missions.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on September 18, 2015, 05:34:58 PM
DCS World does have a random mission generator. 

That was a big improvement when they added it. 

You're still flying around on the same map every time, with too-neat little rows of ground targets sitting around all over the place.  But it's better than being restricted to only canned missions.

Nice I haven't played it for a while.