Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2017, 11:54:41 AM
How are you faring Jarhead?
One tip to enjoying any flightsim is to have a tight and intuitive TrackIR profile. I've often seen people 'fighting' the view controls and loosing tally of enemies and loosing situational awareness.
I created a baseline profile that is regarded as popular within the BMS and DCS scene. If you want it i can send it (to anyone whos interested ofc)

Thanks for checking in. Still running cold start through take-off, simple navigation and landing. I ran the general purpose bomb training mission and had some fun dropping training bombs in CCIP mode. I'm thinking about trying very simple A2A missions to help me practice locking targets and engaging with IR and Radar missiles.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Note that this video is based on a work-in-progress 2.5 build and may change by time of release.

Jarhead0331

Man...I want to have like hundreds of its babies.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

WallysWorld

They make excellent trailers for their releases.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

What is the average wait period between pre-purchase and early access availability?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

No idea. For the Harrier it's about 4 weeks seemingly as it's due end of November. I can't remember the others - there's been so many  :-\
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2017, 02:10:12 PM
What is the average wait period between pre-purchase and early access availability?

I heard that the Harrier was supposed to be released to public beta around November 15th. 

I didn't get that straight from the source, however, so..  take it as-is.

Watched Magz take the pre-release Harrier for a spin through Vegas, on Twitch, early this morning. 

Toonces

I should have picked up that F-5 when it was on sale.

Xmas, for sure.  Tasty.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

ooooooooohhhhhh

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 03, 2017, 06:37:57 PM

Xmas, for sure.  Tasty.

I set up my F-5 and took it for a couple flights.

Exquisite.  :nerd:   Plus it's the easiest 'pit to learn in DCS.  Still requires some study on how things work, as all do, but it didn't take much compared to others.

My only issue with the F-5 is that there are so many people flying them on the Cold War server.  Since the aircraft on each side are limited to more historical choices, the Blue team often outnumbers Red by 2- or 3-to-1.   So I'm bucking the trend and learning the MiG-21 first.   Starting off going uphill since I'll be both a noob AND outnumbered.   >:D

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on November 07, 2017, 11:35:59 AM
Quote from: Toonces on November 03, 2017, 06:37:57 PM

Xmas, for sure.  Tasty.

Exquisite.  :nerd:   Plus it's the easiest 'pit to learn in DCS.  Still requires some study on how things work, as all do, but it didn't take much compared to others.

My only issue with the F-5 is that there are so many people flying them on the Cold War server.  Since the aircraft on each side are limited to more historical choices, the Blue team often outnumbers Red by 2- or 3-to-1.   So I'm bucking the trend and learning the MiG-21 first.   Starting off going uphill since I'll be both a noob AND outnumbered.   >:D

hmm, sounds like you need a wingman, you know some to run into you when taxiing down the runway

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 07, 2017, 11:45:37 AM

hmm, sounds like you need a wingman, you know some to run into you when taxiing down the runway

You mean... a buddy with no qualms about shooting me in the ass with a Sparrow while I'm strafing?   :))

I should've convinced you to get an F-5 when it was on sale.  Ahh well.. holidays coming up.   

Pete Dero

Plus it's the easiest 'pit to learn in DCS.  Still requires some study on how things work, as all do, but it didn't take much compared to others.

Aren't the planes included in the Flaming Cliffs 3 module the easiest to start with ?

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 07, 2017, 01:15:47 PM
Plus it's the easiest 'pit to learn in DCS.  Still requires some study on how things work, as all do, but it didn't take much compared to others.

Aren't the planes included in the Flaming Cliffs 3 module the easiest to start with ?

Yes, but you don't really need to learn their cockpits.