Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 07, 2017, 01:15:47 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 07, 2017, 11:35:59 AM
Plus it's the easiest 'pit to learn in DCS.  Still requires some study on how things work, as all do, but it didn't take much compared to others.

Aren't the planes included in the Flaming Cliffs 3 module the easiest to start with ?

Yeah, that's what we were flying, when I was being such awesome wingman, killing Nef, more than saving him!

By the way, Nef is a very 'patient' person to MP with!

Tuna

Actually, I think Nef was my first Air to Air kill! I was excited, even if he was on the same team. "I got a lock! I got a lock!!!!!"

Jarhead0331

What is with the SimHQ DCS community? It has to be one of the most hostile crowds I ever observed in a forum. If they all hate DCS so much, why do they continue to obsess? So peculiar....
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RyanE

SimHQ DCS forum is a room that I open the door to every now and then.  I then quietly back out and close the door hoping no one saw me.

My take on it is there is a lot of bad blood over how the Eagle Dynamics board was "censoring" people who complained about missed dates, buggy releases, etc.  Again, an outsiders view, but, it appears several of the early modules were released in poor condition and took a long time to fix up.  The SimHQ forum is where people who were banned on the ED forums went to vent.  Then official ED cam along and tried to turn the conversation. 

Only an outsider's perception and doesn't really answer your question.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 07, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

By the way, Nef is a very 'patient' person to MP with!

Minus all the cursing, you mean?    :crazy2:

My DCS v1.5 client bugged out the other night.  But it had been running for hours, and multiple flights, so I hope it was just a memory leak or something.  Or it could be these buggy Nvidia drivers Win10 keeps forcing on me.   I need to get a new video card sometime, preferably before v2.5 release.

Destraex

Quote from: RyanE on November 07, 2017, 04:07:27 PM
SimHQ DCS forum is a room that I open the door to every now and then.  I then quietly back out and close the door hoping no one saw me.

My take on it is there is a lot of bad blood over how the Eagle Dynamics board was "censoring" people who complained about missed dates, buggy releases, etc.  Again, an outsiders view, but, it appears several of the early modules were released in poor condition and took a long time to fix up.  The SimHQ forum is where people who were banned on the ED forums went to vent.  Then official ED cam along and tried to turn the conversation. 

Only an outsider's perception and doesn't really answer your question.

You mean like what the combat mission forums became because of certain individuals :P
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

RyanE

Actually yes...on the ED forums, there was that typical inexperienced developer banning anyone that had anything bad to say, even though they were mostly right.  It just created a vicious swirl that contributed nothing to the game and forced a schism in the community that festers to this day.  The main difference with CM was they didn't ban a lot of people during the early CMSF days, but did lose a lot of loyal people that had stuck with them.  You don't see that schism today at BFC because those people left for good.

Nefaro

Soooo.... does this mean they're finally wrapping up that WW2 Kickstarter debacle and finally getting back to the meat?

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 10, 2017, 09:35:53 AM
Who knows cares  :P

I know your kryptonite, JD.

Who cares, indeed?!  ^-^

JudgeDredd

I know. Well played but I've already bought the bugger. Waiting very patiently for release.
Alba gu' brath

RyanE

I don't do DCS much.  But always follow it and hope something comes out of it that catches my eye.  Came across this on SimHQ...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4391768/a-letter-from-eagle-dynamics#Post4391768

Seems a very honest and real statement.

RyanE

It also highlights one of the issues with the development timeline of DCS.  The F/A-18C will be released as the real F/A-18C is being superseded by the E version and the F-35.

Jarhead0331

Wow...27 years...boggles the mind its been that long.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I enjoyed that post.

But where's my Harrier?  :knuppel2: ;D
Could be released today? SimHQ thinks so.
Alba gu' brath