Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

At low low cocaine pricing, for those of you looking to pre-purchase to Beta.  :))

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/hornet/

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

When does Spring get here?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

If that trailer doesn't give you goose bumps and make you proud to be an American (even if you're not an American) there is something wrong with you and you should go see a shrink.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Apocalypse 31

The M1 tanks were the best part of that video.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

saw writeup on rps....seems like early access by end of march.  haven't played these games much, but tempted...just a little high pricing based on how much i might get out if it.

Moving into 2018, we see it as a sea-state change for us. By the end of January, DCS World 2.5 will be released and the F/A-18C Hornet will be released into Early Access by the end of March 2018.

Nefaro

v2.5 release date and info..

DCS World 2.5.0 Update

Yes, we are still on track to release by the end of this month! Last week we created a test version of the DCS World 2.5.0 branch and we and our testers are hammering away on it. DCS World 2.5.0 will be released as an update to the Open Beta on 31 January 2018, and the 2.5.0 Open Beta installer will be available the next day. We are staggering these to avoid overloading our file servers.

The 2.5.0 "Release" version will launch a week or two later, depending on how the Open Beta release goes.

The Steam version will come a week after the 2.5.0 Release version is launched.

In parallel, we are also preparing the final update for DCS World 1.5.8. This will continue 1.5.8's availability, but it will be unsupported following the release of DCS World 2.5.

You can find a detailed description of the DCS World 2.5.0 launch process on the DCS forum.

QuoteGentlemen, here is some explanations how your current 1.5 (and/or 2.2) will be converted to 2.5, please take a look the attached diagram. Transition will be made in 2 stages:

Stage 1: 2.5.0 Open Beta. The 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to the 2.5.0 Open Beta. The updater will check for 2.2.0 (Open Alpha) and add necessary modules from 2.2.0 to 2.5.0 to avoid unnecessary downloads.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha and 1.5.8 Release will remain at this stage so you can continue to play online with those still using 1.5.8 or 1.2.2.

Over the next one to two weeks, we will be carefully monitoring 2.5.0 Open Beta reports in order to move to Stage 2.

Stage 2: 2.5.0 Release. The 1.5.8 Release version will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version. You will be prompted before updating to 2.5.0, and you will have an option to save a 1.5.8 Final version to a separate directory.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version.

Modules from 2.2.0 Open Alpha (or 2.5.0 Open Beta - see Stage 1) will be used during the 2.5.0 Release installation, after which, version 2.2.0 will be uninstalled after prompting you.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. If you only have the 2.2.0 Open Alpha, the updater will suggest that you download the 2.5.0 installer - it will then install the 2.5.0 Release version and remove the 2.2.0 Open Alpha.

Home Folders (Saved Games\DCS) will remain in the same location (Saved Games\DCS and Saved Games\DCS.openbeta). New Saved Games\DCS.release_1_5 will be created for the 1.5.8 Final version and all its content will be copied into it from Saved Games\DCS. We also strongly suggest that you remove the Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua file and set up your graphics settings from scratch, given the significant differences between 1.5.8 and 2.5.0.

Activations. All activation keys are saved in the Windows Registry and NO additional activation will be required.

1.5.8 Final version installer
will be available on DCS site.

RyanE

Nefaro

Quote from: RyanE on January 26, 2018, 09:00:31 PM
That looks simple.

Easy translation:

Don't do anything.  Either version will automatically update to v2.5 after it's open beta testing is done.

It will then ask if you want to keep the old version, in addition to 2.5

Tuna

So I'm getting updated to 2.5, whether or not my PC can handle it?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on January 27, 2018, 08:24:32 AM
So I'm getting updated to 2.5, whether or not my PC can handle it?

No. You can keep 1.5.8 final. However, it won't be supported further.

I truly hope this doesn't become a complaint now...everyone was so pissed 2.5.0 and a unified file was taking so long. Now people are starting to say they want to keep the old?  :timeout:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Not me. I seldom go into 1.5 and personally can't wait for the unified 2.5 engine  O0 so I can fire up 2.5 and have access to Nevada as well as "that other place".

Good news here  O0
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Its not only that!
2.5 will give us an improved spotting system, reworked explosions with pressure wakes, improved radar operation mechanics, improved weather system, reworked Caucasus map, trees that finally block line of sight. To name some big ones.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."